Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
According to the PC website, the PCV only "Works with 2009 or newer Motorcycles, ATVs and Other Quads". I double checked by selecting the 2008 TRX700XX in the dropdown menu, and the only option to buy is the PCIII. Once I changed the year to 2009, the PCV was available as was the Autotune.

<------2008...So I guess all us 2008 owners are SOL on this. :lame:
I would just buy it for a 2009 and put it on my 2008. As far as I know there were no changes for that.

·
Registered
537 Posts
If the same PC3 works for the '08 and '09 model, the PC5 should work for the '08 no problem. Same system for both models. BTW, why was there no PC4?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah, the only changes I know of were the plastics colors. But I would definitely want to confirm this with the manufacturer before I spent $500+ on an EFI controller...just to be sure.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I won't bother with the PC5 until I get into the motor. There cannot be a worth while gain over the PC3 to justify me spending more money on another programmer. If I didn't already have one, then by all means I'd buy a PC5.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I won't bother with the PC5 until I get into the motor. There cannot be a worth while gain over the PC3 to justify me spending more money on another programmer. If I didn't already have one, then by all means I'd buy a PC5.
That sounds like a good idea. Wait until I get my Alba Stage 3 THEN get this.
:tup: A-OK SUPER #1 QUAD YEAH! :tup:

Still, if someone gets word directly from the manufacturer about whether or not the PCV will work with 2008 quads, please post!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I just installed my PCV on my 2008 700xx and it works great. It is only $20 more for the PCV -vs- the PCIII. The size and upgrade options is well worth the $20. I am currently running the FMF slip on with stock filter program that PC has on the sight and the XX runs perfectly with my Yosh pipe. I will be putting a UNI filter on and running with the lid off for track riding and I will upload the PC program for that. I am thinking about getting the handle bar program switch so I can switch between these two programs on the fly.

I got the PCV for $291 total including shipping

·
Registered
101 Posts
I get my Alba Stage 3 Today. (Cam, Valves, Rockers, Springs, High compression piston, and Throttle body) I already have the PCV installed on my 2008 with Auto Tune installed at DynoJet. I will install it tonight and take it to DynoJet tomorrow. I will post results as soon as I can. We are going out of town for the long weekend so if I don't post tomorrow night I will for sure on Tuesday.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I think it is well worth it to buy the PC5 over the PC3 if you dont have a fuel controller yet. I would however sell my PC3 and buy the PC5 if I have no dyno close by as this would be as close as I could get to a perfect tune without the dyno. The PC5 and PC3 cost the same though. Posterboy is correct, it works on the 2008 as there are no changes. The same happened with the Raptor 700 the website says it is for 2009 Raptors but you can use it on 2006 to 2008 as well. Dynojet has only tested the PC5 on the 2009 models so that is why they say in their site that it is compatible with 2009 (covering their a$$ for untested models).

·
Registered
101 Posts
:steamed:Bad News. UPS didn't deliver till 7pm last night and when I opened the box my cylinder was missing. Just in case you were wonder the cylinder was sent because they said they where going to fit the piston and check clearances.

·
Registered
101 Posts
:yay:Good news. Matt is overnighting it for early delivery by 8:30am. I wont be able to get it in to DynoJet till next week though but I will get to ride it this weekend.

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
I saw them in tqsatv for $285, do not remember if shipped or not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think a lot of questions here could/would be answered if you went to raptorsource.com and looked up the powercommander V their. I know everyone is a die hard 700xx fan, but the Powercommander V has been out for the raptor for a bit now. I actually have one on my 2008 Raptor 700.

The standard Powercommander V operates just like the PCIII. When you purchase the autotune portion, it includes the O2 sensor, another piece of hardware, bung and all the wiring. You have to drill a hole in your exhaust header about 6-9 inches back from the mount and weld on the bung. You should load a base map that gets the PCV as close to the mods you have on your quad. The autotune the fine adjusts the PCV the rest of the way and adjusts for other conditions. The autotune does remain attached and the O2 sensor does stay in for the life of the system. This is so the PCV can constantly update the map on those other conditions.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
I got it from the Fuel Moto. Excellent service. They even preloaded the setting for me and very fast shipping.

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here are a couple pictures of the Auto Tune Installed and my placement of the O2 Sensor.

***SCUZZ changed image sizes***

·
Registered
58 Posts
:funny: Diggin the pictures. But the "War Dept" hasn't yet let me get the 40" widescreen monitor I've been eyeballin'.

Maybe we can work on the pixel sizing... :D

How is she running with the PCV? I'm on the fence - PCIII or PCV... :confused:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sorry about the pixels. I will resize them from now on.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.