Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm lookin to get the full FMF 4.1 exhaust with powerbomb header and lookin into velocity intake, new lid, etc... my question is this,
If I get these mods, do I NEED to remap the cpu? Will I notice gains if I just add the intake and exhats without a pc?

·
Registered
375 Posts
You need a programmer of some sorts. The bike runs super lean with just a pipe change.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not to thread jack ya, but had a side question, if u add a programmer what does it do to you're fuel economy?

·
Registered
48 Posts
ok, i dont know a whole lot about 4 stroke engines, im a snowmachine guy( snowmachines are 2 strokes, and are carbureted so they dont have the EFI jetting etc..) but, from what i know, when you put an aftermarket intake and exhaust, it opens the engine up to be able to breathe a lot easier, same concept with a snowmachine, when you allow the engine to breathe like this, it always allows the bike to run more lean, when you run too lean on a snowmachine you take a chance at cracking your postons, dont know if its the same on a 4 stroke but i cant imagine its much different, either way, you never want to run someting too lean.

if you add the full pipe and new intake your going to run lean and i would really suggest you get the pc. yes you will notice a lot of gains after adding all that, and your bike will run like a bat out of hell for about an hour if its really lean, then it will most likely blow something. the pc will richen her up and run it at a normal feul intake area and im pretty sure the pc adds a little horseys as well.

Hopefully other people like scuzz post on here to cus im not the most knowledgeable when it cmes to 4 strokes and quads but i tried to help.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not to thread jack ya, but had a side question, if u add a programmer what does it do to you're fuel economy?
and a programmer will actually save you a little gas rather than just throwing on the pipe and intake without it. but after doing the pipe and intake and pc you will see probbly a little decrease in fuel econ. not very much tho, barely notciable

·
Registered
734 Posts
How come not sold on the PC5 yet Bo? Agree that the fuel controller should be the first mod done.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Its not figured out fully by what I gather and Ive also not been called upon to dyno tune one(never owned one either). This doesnt mean they dont work and may work well, just have not seen it yet personally. If someone calls me up to meet at a dyno to tune a PCV and I have my laptop on one and see for myself then I may or may not change my mind lol. Ive tuned tons of PCIIIs and know they work. The PCV still needs a base map to work off of so yes, IMHO they need dyno tuning as well.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
There's no real difference between the PCIII and the PCV maps with the exception of there being the TPS settings procken out in 10-10% slices where I think the PCIII only has 9. The PCV also allows you to add on other items like switchable maps (via a toggle switch...not sure if this would apply to a 700xx though) It also allows for triggered inputs like if you put NOS or something on your quad for it to switch over to the richer map. That last and most obvious is the autotune that allows your PCV to "learn" and adjust to what ever AFR you chose. It comes defaulted to a 13.3 AFR, but you can change it easy for any fuel portion of the map you want.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
43 Posts
So for the average rider, is the pciii just fine?

·
Registered
734 Posts
ummmmmmmmm scuzz didn't you order a PC5? LOL

·
Registered
984 Posts
same hear. I would rather drop the dough on the autotune and be close, rather than go to extreme measures to get to a dyno. If one(Dyno) becomes available close to home I would take advantage of it.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I thought the idea with efi was it automatically tunes it self. By the sounds it has to jetted (programmed) just like a carb? I am aiming to do XC on the T-ReX what programmer do you suggest ?:confused:

·
Registered
38 Posts
hey guys so im a new 700xx owner and was just wondering which to get the pc3 or the 5 and how hard r they to setup??? thanks guys, i love this site already!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts