Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
hey guys so im a new 700xx owner and was just wondering which to get the pc3 or the 5 and how hard r they to setup??? thanks guys, i love this site already!!!
well, setup is easy, you just gota get a map to put on the pc, i would go with a pc3, from what everyone says the 5 isnt ready yet and could have problems, i love my PC3 USB, i got my map from Bo White (Velociraptor), but the powecommander site has maps fo generic setups, it depends on what you plan on doing to the bike. But yeah, setup wise its a snap, unhook a couple plugs, hook up a couple more, splice a wire and your done.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I thought the idea with efi was it automatically tunes it self. By the sounds it has to jetted (programmed) just like a carb? I am aiming to do XC on the T-ReX what programmer do you suggest ?:confused:

well, i know a lot about 2 stroke snowmachines, and carbs are not anywhere close to EFI, putting a jet in the carbs is way different then getting a programmer that runs different maps for different setups.
as for which one to use? a lot of guys on here seem to be using Power Commanders, some people get programmers that come from the company they bought their pipe from, i think 2bros does whats called a juice box, and ive heard of some others, but the PC seems to be the top choice. as for which PC to chose, i got a PC3 USB and it works awesome. they have been talking about the PCV but some people are unsure about them.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.