Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a DMC Afterburner Complete Exhaust and I need an EFI. I keep seeing that the power commander 3 works with the 08 700xx (this is what i have), and the power commander 5 only works with the 09 700xx. Does anyone know if this is true, or if its even worth the extra cash for the 5 rather than the 3? thanks.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
pc3 and pv5 will work on any year.... and un less ur gona get auto tune u dont need the pc5

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
The 3 and 5 will work on either machine. I am not too familiar w/ the 5, but I know with the 3 it is easy to get maps for it and set it up just b/c a lot of people on here have maps already.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks guys. I just got a new pc3 online. Cant wait to get everything installed and take it for a spin.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
If you go to the powercommander website they will have a few maps. I haven't seen anyone w/ ur exhaust, so I dont know how close it would be to getting a map for another full set up. But if you tlak to VelociRaptor, he may be able to hook you up. Just download the cd on ur computer and you should be good to go for setting it up. It is very easy to do. Also, on the PC3, the wires are short, so I put mine in a soap box to keep it dry.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you go to the powercommander website they will have a few maps. I haven't seen anyone w/ ur exhaust, so I dont know how close it would be to getting a map for another full set up. But if you tlak to VelociRaptor, he may be able to hook you up. Just download the cd on ur computer and you should be good to go for setting it up. It is very easy to do. Also, on the PC3, the wires are short, so I put mine in a soap box to keep it dry.
Yeah I actually sent him a message the other day, but haven't heard back yet. I have searched the web and found almost nothing for the 700xx pc3. pretty disappointed about that.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Yeah I actually sent him a message the other day, but haven't heard back yet. I have searched the web and found almost nothing for the 700xx pc3. pretty disappointed about that.
i did to he said he isnt doing maps any more becouse no one would dyno them to prove the were on the right track.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
i did to he said he isnt doing maps any more becouse no one would dyno them to prove the were on the right track.
You are just asking for trouble if you don't have it dyno tuned. Every quad is different. I learned the had way with my Rhino 700 efi and the pc3.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dang that sucks. not sure what I'm gonna do now :confused:

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
buy a barkers and i have just the map for you!! lol any ways if you would have bought it from fuel moto they would have loaded a map. but you should spend the 250-300 dollars and get it tuned.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
buy a barkers and i have just the map for you!! lol any ways if you would have bought it from fuel moto they would have loaded a map. but you should spend the 250-300 dollars and get it tuned.
Maybe I can try your map u have with the barker, it will be closer than any of the maps I found for Slip ons, cuz i need one for full exhaust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts