Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello if you have a power commander fitted to your 700xx, know the instructions say it just lays under the seat. but as anyone managed to locate it in the air box housing ? as i am just about to order one and would like to put it in there to protect it from water ect.

cheers gary

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Yes, many have posted of putting the PC in the airbox.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well after that reply i have placed my order for one.
would be good to see a photo of it located in the air box just so i know where to fix it.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
There are quite a few posts with pics already, I've posted some myself. I'd SEARCH and give you some links but I'm posting on my phone.

·
Registered
667 Posts
water will not hurt the controler, I have mine in a billet alluminum protector by EHS Racing. They are availiable at www.ehsracing.com

·
Registered
667 Posts
it can also be mounted to the handle bars if you wanted to have full access for on the fly adjustments

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Where have you read the PC is water proof? The only reason to mount it on the bars would be to try and look cool while fubaring your map on the fly. I wouldn't recommend for anyone to try and tune a PC on the fly much less without a dyno

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I wouldn't install it on the handlebars, take a chance getting in a wreck but don't see why we can not adjusted on the fly, I used to replace jets on the trail depending on the altitude. Understand that I wouldn't try to adjust it while riding but you could stop and adjust then take off.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
as anyone got a power commander v. as i got mine today and the cables are so dam short. from the main box to the injector plugs 6 inch
from main box to earth 5 inch
throttle wire 4 inch.
im never going to get this anyway neer the air box to locate it in there

·
Registered
984 Posts
Yep, they are short. I just have mine resting under the seat, but with Spring around the corner and all the mud I will be looking to find a small protective box for it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I thought someone on here mounted theirs under seat, but inside a plastic box they got from Radio shack? That may be a cheap solution??

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Where have you read the PC is water proof? The only reason to mount it on the bars would be to try and look cool while fubaring your map on the fly. I wouldn't recommend for anyone to try and tune a PC on the fly much less without a dyno
I specifically asked them this and they said it was. Circuit board wrapped in silicone. I'm working right now but I'm pretty sure that I have it in an email.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
58 Posts
I put mine in a soap box...you can get one from walmart

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The PCs may be water proof but theres always problems with gettin crudd in the connector slots.

That why questioned if they were waterproof. It's nice they silicone the boards though.

·
Registered
364 Posts
why does the powercommander site list PCV for the 2009 only? Also the PCV do you need a map or does it automatically dial in the correct A/F ratio with an o2 sensor?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it can use maps or the O2 senor.
both versions will fit the 2009 and both will fit ealer versions to

·
Registered
364 Posts
sweet.. do both have an o2?I thought the PCV was the go to because of this option.

To me, o2 is the best way to go.. Add any mod and it will automatically adjust.

Agree?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.