Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im kinda confused quad is cutting out, backfireing, and all the lights on the dash are coming on under hard acceleration (minus the neutrel light cuz its in gear) Quad will start, idel, run fine, only doing this under throttle. checked connections, changed plug, changed oil, battery connections fine...dont know what else to do besides take it to someone...maybe stator? voltage regulator? all lights seem to work fine and dont dim or anything. anybody experience anything like this?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Just a guess, but you should check the connection to the injector. If that plug isn't tight and secure, it could cause what you describe.

roadkill

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK I will give it a look when i get home

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
like the programer going bad or just need retuned? its just quad ran fine one day then two days later this problem

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check the water level in your sealed battery. mine was out of water and I filled it and runs better now.

hmm. ok. i can only hope its a simple problem like this... lol

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Check the water level in your sealed battery. mine was out of water and I filled it and runs better now.
Not that I've checked, but how do you put water in a sealed battery?

·
Registered
574 Posts
ok im kinda confused quad is cutting out, backfireing, and all the lights on the dash are coming on under hard acceleration (minus the neutrel light cuz its in gear) Quad will start, idel, run fine, only doing this under throttle. checked connections, changed plug, changed oil, battery connections fine...dont know what else to do besides take it to someone...maybe stator? voltage regulator? all lights seem to work fine and dont dim or anything. anybody experience anything like this?
Mine did this exact same thing, eventually (in the middle of nowhere by myself) it finally totally quit. I found the main fuse blown. Now I carry several spares. It has not done it ever again.

·
Registered
258 Posts
like the programer going bad or just need retuned? its just quad ran fine one day then two days later this problem
the programmer could be going bad and if its still under warranty they should take it back

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
everything seems to be back to normal now, what i believe it was.. was where i have the reverse rev limiter plug pulled down by the shifter was all packed full of dirt and whatnot so i think it was just the moisture that sat in there and was the issue. thanks for all the input tho!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts