Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my skid plate in the mail today. Quality seems to be very good. I have not tried mounting it yet but when I do I will take some pictures and let you know how it goes. I am not sure if anyone else here has tried these.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will install it tomorrow afternoon and take a bunch of pictures. Shipping was fast. I also got the headlight cover which looks awesome!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the smoke one

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I actually have the Pro form Skids as well.. I am Installing them when I get back from Overseas. Let me know how you like them Crash, glad to see Someone else is trying them out. Also Did you get the 5 Piece or Just the Main (I ended up talking them into Shipping me the back portion for the main with my order of the 5 piece so I get 6 Pieces out of it)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just did the main skid. I didn't need all of them

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Email them. They didnt origionally sell just the main piece by itself either before but I emailed them and asked them if they would sell it seperate and a day later they emailed me and said they updated their site

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I installed the skid plate today. It seems extremely sturdy. Installation was a bit of a pain just to get the nuts on the bolts were in some tight spots but with one person helping it took a half hour (thanks xx700xx). The fit is perfect. Nice and tight (thats what she said). I am very happy with it. The only thing I had to do with it is the very front came to a point that actually tucked into my PRM Desert II bumper nicely. It just came up a hair far so it would be harder to get to the bottom bolt on the bumper. I fixed it by taking a hack saw and cutting off 1" of the tip. That fixed it for me so not a big deal.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didnt see a big need for that back skid plate part from how much this covered and the back part has a metal plate there already anyways

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Looks nice

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok I have now had a chance to really beat on the skid plate and I must say I am nothing but happy with it! I have bounced it off rocks hard and I have pivioted on the skid plate on huge rocks and they have held up amazing! There is hardly even any scratches on the bottom from all the abuse! I must say if you are in the market for some skid plates these are amazing! And absolutely no noise from them at all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts