Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well! Got my kit today and was trying to install them but noticed the bar clamp is made for a 7/8" bar but have the o/s one so went back to their web site and there's nothing on their site about the bar size so sent them a note and hopefully they'll be able to resolve it. From what I can see they look very nice and sturdy.

Using the Tri-Mount Kit since I have a twist throttle.

Know that some of you are using these, what did you do to make them fit on your o/s bars?

·
Registered
734 Posts
They should fit as only the clamp area is larger really. The rest is 7/8". I had them on my 1 1/8" Pro taper contours no problem.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The throttle side was ok but the clutch side would not fit but Phucknutz suggested to flip the bar clamp and it should work so I'll try that out tomorrow.

·
Registered
984 Posts
This may or may not help anybody but when I got my hand guards I spent some time juggling things around to get everything to fit to my liking. But if we can post up some pics of how we ended up may give us new ideas.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, was able to make it work yesterday, by the way, forgot to mentioned that my kit is the tri-mount which are different then the above pictures.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Got any pics of the tri mount? I have the Rox bracket, nice piece.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll take some pictures this week and post them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
These things were a pain in the nutz! It took me longer to mount the handguards than it did to put the new sway bar on. I guess thats what you get when you buy universal stuff. Never a perfect fit. I moved levers, switches, throttle, just about everything on the handle bars to make these things work. Cutting the tab off the throttle to make room for the mount was a job in it's self. I just ordered the mounts that connect to the end of the grips and the guard. This should be just as fun I bet.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nah, the handwraps go on pretty easily

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
These things were a pain in the nutz! It took me longer to mount the handguards than it did to put the new sway bar on. I guess thats what you get when you buy universal stuff. Never a perfect fit. I moved levers, switches, throttle, just about everything on the handle bars to make these things work. Cutting the tab off the throttle to make room for the mount was a job in it's self. I just ordered the mounts that connect to the end of the grips and the guard. This should be just as fun I bet.
i had that same prom with tusk handguards on my 400ex, ihad to cut the throttle tab get the mounts that insert into the bar ends and you wont have to re arrange all your controls

1 - 12 of 12 Posts