Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I went ahead and ordered a Powermadd Sport Shield for the XX. http://powermadd.com/products/CobraATV/sportshield/index.html

I have always had windshield with utility quads so I figured I'd try to find one that would work on the XX in terms of form and function. Anyways I settled on this one. Here are my thoughts:

- Competitive price $140.00 CDN plus duties and tax.
- Looks to have the right proportions to suit the quad. You're not so much in a bubble like with the utility quad windshields.
- Easy install. It just took 2 beer to complete.
- Very nice mounting hardware (7/8" bar mount) and designed with a quick detach feature which seems to work well. Still need a wrench to loosen mount arm tensioner.

Too cold here (-20c) for me to enjoy testing it right now.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Looks sweet, probably a must have for riding when its below zero fahrenheit!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Xinu, what type of riding do you do?
I do mostly dirt road mixed with fairly wide trail (12' or so) and a bit of tight stuff. All kinds of surface conditions but nothing that 2wd wouldn't get thought. I usually do about 40 mile round trips. Now that is what I used to do on my Rincon and plan on doing with the xx. I just got the xx so I haven't done much riding with it yet. Waiting for better weather. I hope I made the right choice :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
xinu,
Any update on the effectiveness of the new windshield? It sure is a nice installation. The thing that impressed me is that you don't have a vast fortune invested in it. Most aftermarket items are way overpriced. We buy them anyway regardless of price. Enjoy your TRX700XX .
Sid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts