Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are people still having issue's with pro Armor nerf installs or have they corrected that? Any weld issue's with the nerfs?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ordered mine less than a month ago. The install was easy. All the holes matched and they included longer bolts.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you have to trim the plastic at all?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I did not trim it, the only thing I notice that the plastic near the foot pegs stays loose cause the factory heel guards was holding. But other than that the rest was pretty simple. What I did to make the install pretty simple was to put in place the nerf bars, put its respective nuts and bolts, don't tighten em till the end when you are sure everything fits correctly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Where'd you order em from?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just ordered mine. Asked them if they could powder coat in flat instead of gloss. We will see

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can you send me the link pls? I can cancel my order from Pro Armo and save 100 bucks. I searched ebay and didn't find any with free shipping

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
anyone running a 23" front tire with these?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol

So I put mine on today and all hardware was correct size and the predrilled holes all lined up. I had a issue getting the last nerf bar to line up in the arm hole. After a lil smoozing it finally lined up and worked fine. That was the hardest part alone with figuring out how to set the netting up LOL.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I installed mine on last week & had the same problem, the A arm bolt hole on the second side had to be drilled so it would fit & I did have to cutting to my plastics because they ere hitting near the pegs & I could't get the factory bolts back in there. Once there on they sure look good.

Regards, Joey.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes the lil trimming at the cover was all I had to trim

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
It took me 3 hours to fit mine. A few beers later and a vice for tweaking they fitted. After all this I am going to order a set for the 450r. The 450r X-factor nerfs currently fitted fix about 6" in front of the engine and vibrate like hell! I like that they fit on the lower A-arm ,No vibration.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've had my nerfs for about a year and love them. The only problem i've had was that the rear mounting bolt head broke off on both sides. So I upgraded it to a grade 10 bolt with a grade 10 nut backing the factory nut. No problems after that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts