Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have my eye on them. I wonder if they raise the bars. I'm already a little wider than stock and don't want to swap cables.

·
Registered
291 Posts
From what I have heard the clamps raise the bars 1/2" over the regular antivibe clamps.

I'm going to try a set of these out myself. Hopefully within the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Matlock runs it and loves them!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I know someone else who tested them before they went into production. He said they are awesome. UPS should be delivering mine tomorrow! To bad I don't have bars yet for them, so I will have to wait until next weekend to try them out. I was also told they will raise the bars about 1/2".

I have a set of Flexx bars on one of my quads, so should be able to do a good comparison between the two. I will report back what I think of them.

Doug

·
Registered
287 Posts
Let me know how you like them compaired to the flexx. I'm also running flexx but, am interested in these.

I know someone else who tested them before they went into production. He said they are awesome. UPS should be delivering mine tomorrow! To bad I don't have bars yet for them, so I will have to wait until next weekend to try them out. I was also told they will raise the bars about 1/2".

I have a set of Flexx bars on one of my quads, so should be able to do a good comparison between the two. I will report back what I think of them.

Doug

·
Registered
734 Posts
What is the price on this one? I am debating on getting the Rox antivibe risers.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
What is the price on this one? I am debating on getting the Rox antivibe risers.
saw 189 on their site. wonder what would be better these or a ccp dampener first?

·
Registered
671 Posts
I got mine from Teixeira Tech for $189. Everywhere will have them for the same price. My understanding is Precision is selling the first run at a special price. Once that first run is gone, they retail for $229. So if you want a set, better get them quick or you will be paying a higher price for them.

Got mine today. Ordered a set of bars this morning, should have the bars middle of next week. Plan on getting them installed on my 450R and go out next Friday and try them out. I will let everyone know what I think.

Doug

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yeah but what bend? And how much higher or lower will it be from stock?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yeah but what bend? And how much higher or lower will it be from stock?

I got the ATV mid bend. These are going on one of my 450R's, no clue how it will relate to the 700XX. My 450R currently has a +2 stem and Flexx bars. After looking at bar heights and knowing the clamps add an extra 1/2", the mid bend would be the closest to what I currently have.

The one thing I have learned about stock bars, and this goes for all makes, is they are tall, very tall! I know my 450R stock bars were around a 6" rise, so I would guess the 700XX would be close to the same. Not to many bars are made in the height. The only bars that I really found was the Pro Taper SE 7/8' atv high bend, these were just slightly taller then my 450R stock bars. While looking at bar heights, I did find a set of Pro Taper 1 1/8" bars that were just under a 6" rise, I think they were the raptor bend. These bars along with the extra 1/2" from the clamps would probably be slightly higher then stock, this would only be a guess though, as I do not currently have my 700XX to look at.

I will be trying these out on my 450R. If I like them, I will be buying another set for my 700XX. My 700XX will also be getting a +2 stem, so I will have to figure out where I want the bars once I get everything.

Doug

·
Registered
287 Posts
have you tried them out yet?? Looking @ ordering some tomorrow!!! hope I like them!
I put an 1 3/4 spacer in my stock stem and for me it is a little to tall. Running flexx bars.

·
Registered
671 Posts
have you tried them out yet??
Nope, still sitting on my work bench in my garage. I won't have the bars until middle of next week. Plan on going out Friday to try them out.

If you do have questions, call Ed Teixeira, he has had a set on his personal quad for a while, he should be able to tell you anything you want to know about them.

Doug

·
Registered
95 Posts
I will be trying these out on my 450R. If I like them, I will be buying another set for my 700XX. My 700XX will also be getting a +2 stem, so I will have to figure out where I want the bars once I get everything.

Doug
Doug,

Going with a plus 2 stem on your 700xx is not like doing that on your 450r. I have tried the taller stems and have found that it makes the 700xx push in the turns. It will make you ride farther back on the quad, and in doing so you will unload the front end. On my set up with Houser we did a lot of testing, and now I run a plus 1/8" stem with a Precision bar mount and CR bend Renthal bars. We tested a +2", +1", and a +1/2" and the +1/8" made the quad handle the best.

We have found that when coming up with a good setup on the 700xx you need to take almost everything that you have learned about a strait axle quad and through it out the window.

As far as the Bar clamps go, they are one of the best new products out there. Every person that I have let ride my quad has ordered a pear, and that includes guys that already have flex bars. There that good.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts