Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After suffering hand cramps from the vibration I decided the Precision Shock and Vibe clamps would help me the most so I got them this Christmas. I also wanted to keep the dummy lights and remember seeing a picture of someone modifying the stock housing to fit under the front bumper so that's what I did.

You will also need to cut around the top front of your plastics in order to see the lights while standing up. Once the cutting was done I got some velcro adhesive and stuck one on the top of the stock dummy housing and one under the front bumper. This way I can still take off the front bumper if I need to work on something.

My old set up was the Trail tech dash/clamp and 3.75" fat bars which just wasn't tall enough for me and didn't reduce the vibration enough even with silicon in the bars.

So I ordered the Precision clamps along with 2 sets of .5" spacers and 4.75" fat bars (Tusk Chub). After installing, they sit around 3/4" taller than stock and I can simply take off one set of 1/2" spacers to make it 1/4" taller than stock if I wish.

(Stock bars and stock clamps)

(Trail Tech clamps and 3.75" bars)

(Precision clamps, 2 .5" spacers and 4.75" bars)

(Stock dummy light housing fabricated to fit under front bumper)

Finished result!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good you will like the clamp. My fingers don't go numb any more.
Thanks, thats the plan! And is the forum dead or something? I thought there would be a lot more replies.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yes If it is not about whose motor is more built or whose dino numbers are more inflated things seem to be pretty quiet.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thats really cool. I may have to try that. Is there anything in particular holding it in there? Or is it just clamped down by the red plastic piece?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes If it is not about whose motor is more built or whose dino numbers are more inflated things seem to be pretty quiet.
Yea I guess so, I'll admit I haven't been on much but that's because I picked up an 06 civic si and been on 8th gen civic forum.

Thats really cool. I may have to try that. Is there anything in particular holding it in there? Or is it just clamped down by the red plastic piece?
Yea I got some velcro adhesive that you have to stick on top of the original light housing (sorta see it in the 4th picture) then the other piece on the bottom of the front plastic. I got it at home depot for like 3 dollars.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Good write up. Ive been debating getting the precision handlebar mounts

And kind of unrelated, but your pics helped with the install of my powermadd handguards. The universal mounting kit was a little tricky. Thanks!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good write up. Ive been debating getting the precision handlebar mounts

And kind of unrelated, but your pics helped with the install of my powermadd handguards. The universal mounting kit was a little tricky. Thanks!
Thanks, I haven't got to ride with them yet and probably won't until the spring time but I'm assuming they live up to the hype.

And yea the universal mounting kit is a bit confusing, I had them on wrong for a little while but they are correct in the pictures.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just an update. I switched back to my old handlebars which are the Tusk Chub CR high bend (3.75"). I took a short ride around my house and the atv high was just a bit too high. (I'm 5'8")

Also you can't switch the amunt of spacers because the threads only go up so far. You'd have to put the spacers under the stem but you can't because it hits the shaft. Just something to think about if your going with a similar set up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.