Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the CCP that costs less than half the Precision damper. The CCP took one hard hit on a rock and lost some damping. I had to set it from 5 to 8 to get the same damping. I'm thinking it may be worth springing the 5 bills for the Precision Pro as it would last a few years according to them. Thoughts, experiences?

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have the CCP also and did notice mine does not work as well as it did new. When i bought it, i used setting 5 and now I'm on 3 to get the same effect but I still don't think it's as good as 5 when i first installed it.:argh::argh:
I think I'm just gunna deal with mine but if I were to do it again, I'd save up for precision.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the CCP also and did notice mine does not work as well as it did new. When i bought it, i used setting 5 and now I'm on 3 to get the same effect but I still don't think it's as good as 5 when i first installed it.:argh::argh:
I think I'm just gunna deal with mine but if I were to do it again, I'd save up for precision.
I thought that the higher number gave more damping. That's why I increased mine but you lowered yours? Is 1 the most damping or 8?

·
Registered
755 Posts
I thought that the higher number gave more damping. That's why I increased mine but you lowered yours? Is 1 the most damping or 8?
I'm pretty sure 1 is the stiffest and most dampening and 8 is like stock with no dampening. My XX is in the mountains and I'm going up this weekend so I'll tell you for sure when I get back sunday.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I emailed CCP. You are correct. #1 is the most damping. So now I'm thinking I decreased the damping and maybe it is still functioning properly. Since I still am healing my fractured wrist bones I will have to wait a few weeks to play with the settings again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts