Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Precision steering stabilizer

10K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  OHV Wildcat 
#1 ·
Has anybody installed a Precision steering stabilizer?
I just called them and they say thay have a mount for the 700xx but the break cables are in the way and have to be moved.
Just wondering how difficult it is to move the cables?

Alex

#2 · (Edited)
I have a precision stabilizer. To mount it, you have to re-locate the voltage regulator, and move the tee in the brake lines back a little. To re-locate the regulator I used 1.5" L-brackets (from Lowe's) and bent them back to the angle of the front frame. For the brake line tee, I removed the stock mounting bracket and have it temporarily tied back to the frame tab with a coat hanger wire. I plan on getting a bracket and some spacers and hardware to better mount the tee.

Mounted:

Regulator Brackets:

Brake Line Tee:

Tee Fitting pulled back against frame tab:

#4 ·
It is kind of expensive, but it does take the shake out of the handlebars when you hit an unexpected obstacle. It keep the steering pointed straight when that rock or root would have otherwise knocked the bars from your hands. They also greatly reduce arm pump. It think they're worth the money.:tup:

#5 ·
love mine too! I couldnt imagine riding without it. I rode a stocker last weekend and couldnt wait to get off of it and the other guy wouldnt give mine back without some persistent urging.

#7 ·
thats what they are selling you is the one for the 450r. It doesnt take long to make a bracket for the brake tee and you can just flip the rectifier 180 degrees, all in all it took about 2 hours of piddling around to get it hooked up.

#10 ·
Where is everyone getting the stabilizers from?? Thanks.

#11 ·
Anyone tried a CPP stabilizer for the 450R on these babies? They are a lot cheaper and very good. Puck type as well. Do you know of any stick type that fits? The 450R maybe?

#12 ·
I got mine straight from Precision, Rocky Mountain sells them too.

#13 ·
No one with a CPP for the 450R on a 700xx then? These can be bought at around $150 shipped...

#15 ·
My buddy has a 450r and bought his stabilizer from CPP for about $150 shipped. At the time he placed the order, he asked for me if they make one for the 700xx and they told him no. Now, this was about 3-4 months ago so maybe they do make one now. I think you'd just have to email them to find out.

#16 ·
just ordered my precision one today, can't wait to get it in!!:hey:

#17 ·
Did you opt for the regular or pro version? I want to get one eventually but not sure which one to get...mainly, is the pro version worth the extra $$$$$??

#19 ·
Would this be worth the moola for a strictly woods rider? Any help or advice would be appericated!:yay:

#20 ·
Put mine on Reg. version, turned the box around and the brake bracket needed turned around. Will post pictures as soon as I take some!
Will not be riding anytime soon, had a bad get of setting up the rear shocks in some whooops around 40-45mph.

#22 ·
Guys--

Reviving a long dead thread here, so sorry about that. I went to install my Precision stabilizer, and ran into a question. I'm going to have to relocate stuff like everyone else, but I'm concerned about the mount. There's more than 3/8" of side-to-side play in it. As in, the space between the frame rails is more than 3/8" of an inch wider than the bracket. Is this right? I mean, torquing down the screws would hold it in place, but it seems to be asking for trouble for no good reason. Is this how everyone else's was, or did I receive the wrong mounting base? And what did you guys end up doing for your permanent brake tee mounts?

Thanks!

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.