Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have to get my valves adjusted since my quad is now broken in and its due on the maintenance schedule (and I can hear em). Anyways, called the shop near my house today and they quoted $180 "or so". Just wondering what everyone else paid?
On all my old bikes I had my mechanic neighbor do it, but he has since moved and I don't trust myself with a new machine just yet. Anyways, what's the goin rate? Anyone know a good place in Nor Cal?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sounds about right. If you get a service manual and follow it they arent hard to do. I've always done mine on every machine I've owned. My 700 only needed the intake done, the exhaust was fine which is backwards from what it usually is

·
Registered
537 Posts
$180 is what I paid. I always have the dealership do the initial service, then I do the rest myself. They are not hard to do at all. If you get a service manual, are at least somewhat mechanically inclined, and have some common sense it's no problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess i'll stop tryin to be Mr. Bargain Hunter aka cheapskate and just have em do it. I guess it'll assure my warranty doesnt get voided. Thanks for the replies and validating what i SHOULD do and SHOULD pay. Much appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts