Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just ordered the wayne matlock rear grab bar, and noticed the new auxilary tank /rear grab bar. now this is a cool new product. anyone got it? :yay::yay::yay:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Wayne will be using it to pre-run in Mexico!!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
very cool and interesting product. especially for baja races.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think Wayne said 2gal!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I have the grab bar but not the gas tank which would be nice for long distance rides but our bikes do very well on long distance, done over 80 miles and still had about a gallon left.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I know they frown upon using this in the score races.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have the grab bar but not the gas tank which would be nice for long distance rides but our bikes do very well on long distance, done over 80 miles and still had about a gallon left.
That is remarkable. Dave's bike couldn't make it 50 miles before running out. We were racing but still 30 miles more. Wow. I have the IMS tank and was able to make it but without it I would have been in the same boat. That's about 25.5 miles per gallon or more.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Nah! When I was in Jackman, Maine; was able to keep it around 45mph for 76 miles then fill up and it took about 2.3 gallons to fill up, of course there were times where I was going slower but overall 45 was the average iaw (in accordance with) my gps.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
it all depends on how heavy your throttle finger or hand is on how good of mileage you get. racing abviously you are going to get less than just trail riding like most of us here do.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
looks good but how dose it hook up the the fuel pump...........t-valve maby????? i hope it dont make jumping harder to keep the rear end up....it an extra 16lb if its 2 gallons.... but i like it over the ims

·
Registered
667 Posts
gas under the exhaust pipe great idea! Sign me up, not! Watch Dust to Glory and check out the guy who cought on fire, the fuel tank was on the rear of the bike, cap came loose and his ass got very hottttt! According to rule book Score-Baja will not allow it for racing.

·
Registered
287 Posts
They are using it for pre-running not race!!!!!!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
It is a good pre-run idea for added security

·
Registered
667 Posts
calm down dude, i was just making a point

·
Registered
287 Posts
no need to calm down nutz not excited! :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
gas under the exhaust pipe great idea! Sign me up, not! Watch Dust to Glory and check out the guy who cought on fire, the fuel tank was on the rear of the bike, cap came loose and his ass got very hottttt! According to rule book Score-Baja will not allow it for racing.
Thats kind of a stupid statement......even for you.

The majority of quads sold have their gas tank next to their exhaust. Utilitys are nearly all mounted in the rear and next to the exhaust......Of course if the cap comes off there is a chance of fire.

Sports quads have their tank mounted on top of the engine......the sky is falling.....aaahhhhhhhhh......once again if your gas cap comes off there is a chance of fire.

OK, you dont like the PRM tank, thats fine but THINK before you type......

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Wow! Temper, Temper, guess that we can't state our own opinions without having someone bark back. Let's keep this cool, ok!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.