Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
looks like its the base for a back hoe attatchment agreed ...but spose would be useful if one had a need for it ....what do you intend on carrying that would require that ?

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
You might need to to carry some xtra gas..LOL

·
Registered
102 Posts
theres a rear mount tank available that gravity feed to main if am not mistaken and also incorporates some kind of carry rack....

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
A buddy of mine has one and works great except that he wish it would deeper.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have prm's six pack rack and it is as low as original grab bar. A six pack cooler or a tool pack I found at my local Stealer ship fits in perfectly. I think having it so high would suck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have prm's six pack rack and it is as low as original grab bar. A six pack cooler or a tool pack I found at my local Stealer ship fits in perfectly. I think having it so high would suck.
kinda lookin at the 6pk rack too.... think it might be the way to go. useful but doesnt transform the look of the bike

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm in the process of rebuilding my back rack - it's a front tire rack from an old Honda Big Red. :p

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I have seen this on a Polaris Scrambler 500, but not on our quad. You could always swap it out if you aren't going on long trips or anything.

·
Registered
323 Posts
This disclaimer shown below is enough for me to reconsider that rack.

* Not intended for hard aggressive riding which can put added stress on the rack and subframe and may void the warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
The guy I know is actually Nikki's friend, and he rides pretty agressive w/ us. Their products are pretty good though.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Hope your not planning on putting beer in the six pack rack? :)
Me and my friend were riding one friday night. He has a built ltr450 with a six pack rack. we put a cooler full of beer in it and strapped it down. Needless to say all the beers exploded!!! Now i know the trex is more plush than a sra but still those cans were all beat up after only maybe an hour of riding! Food for thought!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Red and Black, they make some foam insulator inserts so that doesn't happen. There was a post/thread somewhere on here for that. Or just do what I do and put beer in your camelback.....or rum hehehehe.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Hope your not planning on putting beer in the six pack rack? :)
Me and my friend were riding one friday night. He has a built ltr450 with a six pack rack. we put a cooler full of beer in it and strapped it down. Needless to say all the beers exploded!!! Now i know the trex is more plush than a sra but still those cans were all beat up after only maybe an hour of riding! Food for thought!
you monsters how could you. what did the beer do to you.
and as far as the rack...can you say utility quad:eek:hno:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just a little update: i did go with the cargo rack snd love it! Ive had it for probably 3 months now and it is holding up great. Another quality product from prm! I know it probaly sounds funny to most of you but i installed a gun holder on it through deer season and rode it around the lease some. The gun holder is small (just two rubber forks for the gun to sit in) and mounted perfect towards the front of the rack. With all the land i hated to not be havin fun on my xx but without this it was impossible to carry my 7mag aswell. A few rides here and there it was also perfect for gas..jackets..beer etc. The keys to toatin an icechest is the amount of ice and the rate of conumption by the way :hey: pack it with enuff ice so it doesnt rock around and drink everything b4 it melts lol.

·
Registered
132 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts