Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a PRM cooler rack and a s3 T5500 waterproof/dustproof case for the cooler rack. I had a few cooler racks on my other quads before the 700xx, and I wanted to see how nice the PRM one is. The 2nd task was to find a waterproof/dust proof toolbox/case to fit snuggly in the cooler rack. With this combo, my goal is to have a level grab bar and have a beefy toolbox for the trails. I did my research and here's what I ended up with...

The PRM cooler rack is by far the nicest cooler rack I have had/seen. I bought mine at the PRM website for about $90 shipped. It sits parallel to the ground and doesn't angle up. This makes grabbing the rack very easy. It seems durable and tough (heavy duty brackets for support), and of course, the strap is nice. It also comes with a bracket under the rack to relocate the rear light. It was very easy to move the light and reinstall. You don't have to relocate the light, but if you put a cooler in it, the light would not be visible.

I found a few boxes but I decided to go with the s3 T5500 xtreme case. If you do a search on google, you'll find some companies that sell them. Mine was about $60 shipped. A little steep, but worth it. They come in different sizes and are actually meant for scuba diving. The T5500 has the perfect dimensions for the PRM rack, but I did have to shave down a hair of the plastic to fit. No biggie though. A dremel tool worked perfectly. This case is waterproof/dustproof, has stainless steel hinges, and the plastic is beefcake. It locks well and can hold many essential items that could be needed on the trail. I just drilled two holes through the plastic/aluminum to attach the case to the rack. Inside the case, there is a few pieces of rippable foam so you can rip out an exact amount of foam to fit an item so it doesn't bounce around.

Overall, a nice setup to carry things while riding. Here are some pics...

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Product Automotive lighting Tread

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. If you need any info regarding install or finding the T5500, let me know. Other boxes included the 609 Dry box or the B&W outdoor case, but I think the T5500 is the best fit and you get the most size for the fit.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
blk84,
Nice installation. The whole thing looks great. PRM put a lot of engineering into this assembly. That box fits nice and appears to have a lot of carrying capacity. Good job!
Thanks for all the info.
Sid

·
Registered
28 Posts
I spend a lot of my time on two wheels... how does this longer grab effect your ability to pull wheelies w/o nailing your grab on the ground.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I spend a lot of my time on two wheels... how does this longer grab effect your ability to pull wheelies w/o nailing your grab on the ground.
I do wheelies as well, and I have never hit my cooler rack bars off the ground with any of my quads. You shouldn't have a problem at all.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Wow looks like a nice setup with many different uses :hey:

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is the same case that I used. Completely waterproof and dustproof and fits perfectly in the PRM cooler rack. I bolted mine into the rack... It's a great setup.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the PRM bumper interferes with exhaust flow at all? with a aftermarket pipe? noticed the AC one does, an I would wanna use it for carrying a gas can.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hey!!!!

Not tryin to be real neg about rr racks is the safty thing i had a friend that got KILLED in glamis an we all said the rack had alot 2 do with it just sayin Elmer:xx::xx:

·
Registered
120 Posts
gonna ask again, does the PRM six pack grab bar interfere with exhaust flow? WIth an aftermarket pipe?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
no it doest

·
Registered
157 Posts
Does the PRM rack mount like the stock grab bar? or does it use a spacer in between the frame and rack? My Ac rack doesn't have the bend like the stock one and it breaks bolts very often. I hate it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
no it doest
Are you sure t-bird? I'm not asking about the "rack" that you have, I'm asking about the 6-pack cooler bumper! Just makin sure we are on the same page as this thread is about the cooler bumper, not that back rack.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
the place where you put the cooler or gas can isnt wide enough for the exhaust to hit it

1 - 20 of 44 Posts