Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a long shot asking if anybody else has these, with as little activity as we have here and the fact that they're no longer available. Just curious as how they install I imagine the high side goes forward. These things are massive at 4 1/2" tall on that side. And about an inch in the rear. Also I noticed they do not match from left to right side. As you can see the one on the left doesn't have that extra tab. It's as if it's been cut off? But if it was they did a damn good job cuz it all looks Factory smooth?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have these, I'll try to take a look tonight when I get home.
Wow that's awesome, I thought it'd be a long shot! If you could post a picture that would be great. I also remember someone posting about having to make a notch for the sway bar clearance? But I cant remember if they were prm or dg guards. If the 4 1/2" side goes in front then I'd say it wont clear my swaybar either, but idk cause there are some notches there alrdy. But it dont make since how the one has the missing tab. I'd think they would be alike left and right. Anyway thx again and let me know what you see/find out.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hmm, mine definitely are slightly different so maybe they had different revisions? It was kinda hard to get a picture so I just got the one, but the high side definitely goes toward the front. The one thing I noticed was that the one side mine is close to the parking brake (don't use it but still attached). So maybe they made that side different so it's not as close? Mine doesn't seem like it's rubbing at all, but it is close.

I will mention that you may want to double check and maybe grind off the corner. I didn't notice it until WELL after I installed them, but apparently at certain suspension levels it must rub the wheel?? Luckily the wheel is harder than the skid plate, so the plate wore and the wheel is only rough but nothing really ground off. I have the .190" (the heaviest they had), so maybe if you have a thinner model it won't have that issue.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx for the reply. I remember now awhile ago, that you posted about them rubbing the wheel. And that makes since about the parking brake side. I have a block off kit on both of mine. And maybe the shave spots on the top front face are for the sway bar & a arm clearance. I guess I'll find out for sure once I get around to mounting them. Still can't believe they're 4 and 1/2" tall geesh! And these are the .190 too! Originally priced $99.95 so $50 was a deal. My front guards are both the rare 0.160 I got them when prm had the rest of there stock on close out prices.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I forgot you asked about the swaybar, yeah, the cutouts are around where the swaybar is, but mine is pretty far away, not sure how much movement there is there, but I didn't see any marks from it hitting. Right now I just have the stock one though too...never got around to mounting the bigger one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts