1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey, Nash See my " putting on the PRM" Thread. I pretty much detailed them there, Both, Install and problems.
My recomendation, Stay away from the set with the full pans. I had to modify mine A LOT just to make them usable. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zx

Thanks for the info but now I don't know what to buy, I've used PRM on my other bikes and never had any issues but after reading yours, there are some minor glitches in the engineering setup which could be fix but I guess that someone from Oregon could stop by there and assist them, lol! They are in Eugene, I think, so even the NorCal folks could stop by.

Now what should I buy?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have the PRM side bars and like them. I've had a few issues with some big rocks bending the plate up and not letting the rear brake pedal go down but a few kicks took care of it until I could get a mallet after it. Other than that and some vibration due to the front of the bars mounting to the motor mount, I dont have any complaints

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the PRM side bars and like them. I've had a few issues with some big rocks bending the plate up and not letting the rear brake pedal go down but a few kicks took care of it until I could get a mallet after it. Other than that and some vibration due to the front of the bars mounting to the motor mount, I dont have any complaints
Yes, those are my complaints also. Real thick mud, or snow, will not come off the pans. The snow was a real problem. My brake and shift levers ended up one soiled block of ice and I had to ride it home stuck in 3rd with no rear brake. Put her in the garage, thaw it out. Then out came the power tools.....
Nash, PRM sells a set of bars with web from the foot peg forward and a nice heel cup...This is basically what I've done to mine, and that also helped with some of the vibration issue. Espiecially the "tinny sound".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts