Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody has tried the PRM Utility rack to carry a small chain saw on? Jusy wondering if it is strong enough to support a chain saw? Thanks

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i can carry an 18 inch chainsaw on my prm 6 pack rack so i know youll be able to with the cargo rack its about twice as big as six pack rack:atv:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks TBird88. Do you have an aftermarket exhaust on your XX? If you do could you post a bigger side view of your XX with your Six Pack Rack on it. Thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts
heres one.. A duncan racing pipe is pretty long and sticks out the back past the rear of the quad.. there is about 1" clear between the zaust and rack !

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
wow the duncan cannister is alot longer than the barker and way uglier!:xx:

·
Registered
481 Posts
I hate the duncan, it sets fire to my jeans (with oem heat shield fitted) and is so bloody noisy !
so much so that it is now off and replaced with the nice, quiet stock system

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I hate the duncan, it sets fire to my jeans (with oem heat shield fitted) and is so bloody noisy !
so much so that it is now off and replaced with the nice, quiet stock system
the barker header does the same thing i fitted the stock heat shield and no difference on the barker, the stock header and heat shield didnt burn my leg like the fatter barker header, but the barker performance is great compared to stock:xx:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Here are some photos of my XX and my new PRM Cargo rack. I also added a 1.25 Gal gas can in the open space on the rack.
wow that is huge, bigger than what i thought it would be which is good for people that like to explore 100 miles or so from camp or use it like you want to for chainsaw or hunting purposes prm fits good and is of high quality, i may get one my self for the xx ,unless i get a honda rincon soon >:xx:

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
wow that is huge, bigger than what i thought it would be which is good for people that like to explore 100 miles or so from camp or use it like you want to for chainsaw or hunting purposes prm fits good and is of high quality, i may get one my self for the xx ,unless i get a honda rincon soon >:xx:
I would love a Rincon too. But I've got my XX set up for now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the pictures and the info Johnboywsu. I just want to carry a chainsaw so i can clear some new trails. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
No problem! Thanks for asking the question, that spurred me buying this :) I used it last weekend and it worked awsome. Previously, the straps that held down my cargo box came loose and bounced around. The box had perched on top of a "bolt on the grab bar 6 pack rack". Not anymore, I got lucky and the box and gas can couldn't fit any tighter. I also bought the optional divider. I also screwed my machete on there too, I used a cable cuff to more securely fasten it to the rack.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts