Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can i order a black set from they are out of stock on pro armors websit anyone know ?????

·
Registered
287 Posts
You will break them!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean I will break them???

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well What sucks about them is it the welds or just purely everything about them because I have a fabrication shop and I can take care of reinforcing the welds if that is the only issue besides fitment I just love the way they look and I cant find anything else I like

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I have a set of them, and the only issue I had was ligning it up, and I had them on there for about 2 years now. Someone just posted that they bought a new set, and everything lined right up. I race with mine, jump, and everything else, and I haven't had anything break on them. They are giving Pro Armor a bad rap b/c of the fitment issues, and their front bumpers, but pretty much all aftermarket bumpers for our quad break. I got mine from my dealership, and at the time they were the only ones available for it, and I have always had pro armor nerfs, and they've never steered me wrong besides being a PITA to put on.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Not really.. there are a few lucky ones who have had a good set... however, it is outweighed by negative experiences... the nerfs break, and the reason why Jeff said you'll break them, is because it is an ongoing issue and it has happened to him, including many others

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Fitment and customer service were my only issues with pro armor but I love my fat peg nerfs from them after I finally got them. The problem is that they told me that they only made enough to fill the back orders which seems retarded so if you can find a set they are great, you just might be paying more to get them. Also dont hold your breath if you order them on back order and wait for them; you might see them next spring!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
What does HoRacn and Ceballos use instaed of Pro Armor nerfs ? Just curious.:D

Also I have had my Pro Armors for 12 months of tree dodge racing and they have stood up to some serious punishment . One of the few things that have so far.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
might as well merge it. there are so many of these already

·
Registered
40 Posts
the pro armor seems to have so many issues, what are other nerfs guys are running? I want to get a set asap. Love how the PA fat pegs look but with fitment issues and stories of them breaking I think I will pass. I like the houser (sp) but they will be sometime before they hit market. Any ideas would be great.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
the pro armor seems to have so many issues, what are other nerfs guys are running? I want to get a set asap. Love how the PA fat pegs look but with fitment issues and stories of them breaking I think I will pass. I like the houser (sp) but they will be sometime before they hit market. Any ideas would be great.
YEP, i love my PA ones. Been on for 21 months now and haven't broken at all, and that includes hitting trees and people. Fitment sucked, but the newer ones are better.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The desert guys seem to brake them . I guess it is higher speeds which causes the frame to flex more. The fitment on the new stock is better and they basically take back orders till they have enough to warrant building them. Nobody is making a mint of the 700xx (not even Honda). Unless Honda announces a 2011 new upgraded 700xx most parts will be the same way.
If you can get a set of them , they still look the best an also the most popular.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I also ran X-Factor nerfs on my 450r ,which is sadly sold due to my belief that the 700xx can be better. I have now got it to turn like a 450r thanks to the above . It was my first choice and they served me well , Even broke my collarbone and would still choose them. I have my own pros and cons with Pro Armor nerfs and not just with fitment , but that is just me.
I look up to see if they have them for the 700xx and still nothing.
I guess everyone is waiting to see if there is an TRX700xx for 2011 and not a release of the stock pile of 2009s. If Honda produces a 2011 TRX700xx things will get easier. Just my thoughts. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts