Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pro armour nerfs with heel guards and fat pegs... any good/bad opinions on them?

Pro armour Dominator front bumper... any good/bad opinions on them?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The Pro Armor nerfs may need a little tweeking to make them fit right. The Dominater bumper is a good bumper. Not heard any reports from them cracking/breaking like the early XC Bumpers.Pro Armor have since update the XC bumper to cure this.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
the nerfs prolly wont fit without tweaking and the bumper is shit it will crack at the welds id get the prm desert 2 bumper pro armor pro peg nerfs with hill guards are bad ass but they are a pain to install, i went with alba nerfs and footpeg extensions withe the stock heelguards, this set up runs about 150 compared to 350 for pro armour fat peg nerfs with heelguards

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The bumper is shit. Mine snapped right on the tab. I like the nerfs but fitting them on sucks

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I really like my pro armor fat peg nerfs they were a pain in the ass to install though. Alot of added protection and they are pretty tough.

·
Registered
192 Posts
What about the Bullhorn? I wanted the XC bumper, is it really that bad? The Dominator looks ugly and cheap to me.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
As far as the bumper goes, I'd wait and see what Kyle comes up with at http://www.l8tonracing.com/ I cant wait to see his winch mount bumper.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
ALL Pro Armor bumpers are shit! I've seen every version of them break apart. And yes it is really that bad and worse. Go with PRM or l8ton. Both make products that are bullet proof!

·
Registered
61 Posts
i got the fat pegs and like them. yes difficult to fit. and my only comparison is a ktm and outlander. bullhorn is a lite weight to me. tweaked it on a light to medium knock on a bull (yes moo) but the welds held up, doubt it would have handled the giraffe i just missed the other day, then again what would have!?
wider the bumper the uglier i feel, but its there for protection first then looks or so it should be

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I have both. The Dominator bumper fit perfect and has not broke on mine. I'm sure it would if your were to hit something with it. I put rubber washer's between the bumper and the frame and used blue loctite on the bolts. So far so good. The fat peg nerfs look awesome and offer good protection. I did have some trouble getting the front tab to line up with the lower control arm bolt on the brake side. I also had to drill out the holes to get the bolt to go threw. It was full of powder coat. No big deal though. I have the pro armor skids too. They fit good and don't rattle. I used blue loctite on those bolts as well.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Red-N-BlackXX is the one i saw the bumper and nerds on and i really like the way it looks to me. And i dont want a winch mount bumper... winches are for 4x4.

My right side heel gaurd and brackets are F'ed from when my peg broke off at the track 3 months after i got the XX... the RZRs chewed them up bad so thats why im looking towards the full nerf/heel guard setup.

Let's See some pics!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I built my own winch mount as I couldn't wait any longer. I ride alone and at 500 lbs, my trx is too heavy to lift by myself.
May I rephase you in saying "you built a great winch mount". Best one I have seen to date. Nice work.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Red-n-black - when you gonna paint them hubs man? Been waitin on you to do yers first ;)

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Well I have like my proarmor stuff(nerfs and bumpers) but they have both broken without any major impacts on them just jumping so I will be getting houser nerfs when I get the money.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts