Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to wire one of these? The instructions say find the wire coming from the left side of the crank case that sends a pulse when cranking. There are two wires that do that so it wont work. I was supposed to enter a hare scramble tomorrow but I can't unless this bitch is wired up.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Sorry I can't help you there. The Pro Design is a Normally Open circuit type kill switch and our quad is Normally Closed. Again, our quad needs an odd ball piece. I use a Gunnar kill switch and it's a Normally Closed type... Easy and straight forward to install... Only requires you to tap into one wire going to your handlebar kill switch... splice into this wire and connect the indicated wires from the kill switch to each side of the cut and ground the 3rd wire. All this can be done behind front plastics... outta sight. The inline connection allows both kill switches to still work.

Instructions to make a NO kill switch work for a NC quad can be a PITA and some require a "kit" from Pro Armor... But, guess what... Pro Armor doesn't make a "kit" for our quad.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I purchased mine online but can't remember from which site. Should not be hard to locate online. Just make sure you connect the proper color wire to the correct side of the cut. Just search "Gunnar Gasser Kill Switch" on Yahoo or another site. Remember our quad needs a Normally Closed (NC) switch. These are a bit more in cost... I think about $55.00, but worth it for the ease of install.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts