Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see if anyone has had any experiences be it good or bad with Pro-Line trailers. Found a really good deal on one at the Virginia store and I'm thinking about taking a road trip to go pick it up.

Here are the features and some pics, its a 7x14 with a slight v-nose.

Features
Dexter (2) 3500lb EZY Lube Axles
Rounded V-nose
RV Style Side Door
LED Lights
Spring Assist Ramp Door
7000lb GVW
Electric Brakes on all 4 Wheels
Side Door
Roof Vent
Available in Other Colors
24" Aluminum Tread Plate Stone Guard
Aluminum Fenders
15" Tires
2 5/16" ball
7-way Bargman Plug
Breakaway Safety Kit
3/4" Plywood Floor
3/8" Plywood Walls
12 Volt Dome Interior Light
Wall Switch

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Looks like a nice one to me, too. If I were you, I'd find a local trailer manufacturer that could swap that coupler out for something more substantial. I've never trusted the stamped ones. Bulldog couplers are cheap and bulletproof, and a licensed manufacturer can change it out for a few hundred bucks. Or, even better, there's this thing--

http://www.quickbitecouplers.com/

I have no experience with it, but it looks awesome.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like a nice one to me, too. If I were you, I'd find a local trailer manufacturer that could swap that coupler out for something more substantial. I've never trusted the stamped ones. Bulldog couplers are cheap and bulletproof, and a licensed manufacturer can change it out for a few hundred bucks. Or, even better, there's this thing--

http://www.quickbitecouplers.com/

I have no experience with it, but it looks awesome.
Thanks for the info. Looks cool as hell, going to have to read some reviews on this one.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I've never had a problem w/ the stamped couplers. I haven't used a Pro-Line before, all of mine have been HaulMark. It looks like a fine trailer and a mighty good deal. I'd see if you could get some tie downs put in while it is there for just the price of parts, if not, I'd do it yourself. Some problems you will probably have w/ an enclosed trailer that I have seen on all of mine and all of my racing buddies. 1 the flashing material (the small wood slids that go over the cracks in the wall wood material (Sorry IDK the correct name)) is usually just stapled on and will pop off qutie easily. 2: the trailer tongue and frame will rust very easily, so up keep is needed (quite simple). 3: The diamond plate isn't really diamond plate, just the look alike stuff, so it will dent easily (happened to me while going down a dirt road and rocks hit it). 4: be sure to grease all the hinges and the hitch (especially for the ramp door as those sometimes are known to break off when not greased properly) as well as the wheel bearings atleast once a year. I can't really think of anything else except maybe putting a quick coat of wax on it so that when you just let it sit and crap and it starts looking funky, you can just pressure wash it and have most of the gunk come off.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've never had a problem w/ the stamped couplers. I haven't used a Pro-Line before, all of mine have been HaulMark. It looks like a fine trailer and a mighty good deal. I'd see if you could get some tie downs put in while it is there for just the price of parts, if not, I'd do it yourself. Some problems you will probably have w/ an enclosed trailer that I have seen on all of mine and all of my racing buddies. 1 the flashing material (the small wood slids that go over the cracks in the wall wood material (Sorry IDK the correct name)) is usually just stapled on and will pop off qutie easily. 2: the trailer tongue and frame will rust very easily, so up keep is needed (quite simple). 3: The diamond plate isn't really diamond plate, just the look alike stuff, so it will dent easily (happened to me while going down a dirt road and rocks hit it). 4: be sure to grease all the hinges and the hitch (especially for the ramp door as those sometimes are known to break off when not greased properly) as well as the wheel bearings atleast once a year. I can't really think of anything else except maybe putting a quick coat of wax on it so that when you just let it sit and crap and it starts looking funky, you can just pressure wash it and have most of the gunk come off.
Thanks man really appreciate the advice. I'm leaving Friday night to go down there since its going to take me a good 7 1/2 hours. Going to take the wife and daughter and make a weekend trip out of this.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Sweet. Be sure to put insurance on it as well. I know some states you aren't required to, but I have mine fully covered. The first one I had I got T-Boned by a dump truck fully loaded w/ gravel, needless to say he sliced right thru the trailer. Now they pretty much gave me a nice settlement check 2 days later.........and other stuff.......but with that said, I would have been able to turn that into my insurance and have everything replaced in a heartbeat. It is cheap too, it goes right on my truck insurance and is like an extra $30 a year, for full coverage, especially theft. Plus you can set an amount on it for its contents, meaning all your MX gear and stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Oh yeah, another think you may want to do if you are hauling quads and stuff in there. Before you haul anything, get some of that deck weathering STAIN stuff, and do the plywood. They usually use 3/4" wood, but that stuff will make it last longer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Depends on your tow vehicle, length of haul and load, you may want to look at a load leveling/weight distribution hitch. They are designed to transfer some of the load weight to the vehicle front axle and help with trailer sway when it is set up right. I use one on my car hauler if I'm loaded heavy and going at least 3 hours away. Otherwise I use the standard hitch. Recently went 4 hours away to get an SUV for a buddy. Had the hitch on and ran 80 most of the way back. Trailer didn't sway any.

·
Registered
323 Posts
My buddy just bought an all aluminum enclosed car hauler for $4700 (I think) brand new. Holds 6 quads...or a car! I'd not buy a steel framed trailer unless I lived somewhere it doesn't snow.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Let me know if you get it. I have been on the fence about getting an 8.5X20 trailer from there Indiana factory. For the price I am worried about the quality.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Let me know if you get it. I have been on the fence about getting an 8.5X20 trailer from there Indiana factory. For the price I am worried about the quality.
I just got home with it this morning and I would say overall for the price, it can not be beat. Its not the most luxurious trailer but it does what its supposed to. It made it from Roanoke, VA to Del Haven, NJ which is about 8.5 hours with no problem. It tows great, well balanced and with the dual axles it handles rough roads great. Everyone knows that I-95 and I-295 coming through Baltimore and Philly is rough as hell, and the trailer handled great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts