Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pro Taper Contours 1-1/8" Handlebars - HELP!

Looking to get a set of Pro Taper Contours. They're 1-1/8". These are thicker than stock, right? So what do I need to do to get these mounted? Do I need new clamps? Pro Taper sells a set for about $40 and they say they're universal. Is that all I'd need to be able to mount the bars? Also, what about the brake/clutch levers. Are the stock levers going to mount okay onto the new bars? And what about bend? I'm about 5' 7". Thinking about the mid-bend.... Any info would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have Pro Taper Evo Bars with the High bend and a Trail tech big bar clamp. In order to mount the 1forum 1/8" boars you will need a clamp. Almost any will do, universal or machine specific. The Trail Tech that I have is nice and has a 2" rise ( I think) and will bring a mid bend bar to about the stock bar height. All the numbers for the bars come into play, rise, and pull back. You also have to take into consideration the space where your levers will clamp on. My bars, are shorter in area so my controls are tight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Levers?

Thanks for the info. What about the levers? Would I need aftermarket brake/clutch levers or aftermarket lever mounts? (Do they make that?) My stock handlebars are pretty bent right now. Hoping the thicker bars will be much stronger than the stockers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts