Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Pro Taper Handlebars

7K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  ceballos 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried the Pro Taper SE ATV High Bend handlebars? I was looking at picking up a set and I was wondering if all the cables were long enough to work with them. If you have them please let me know.

#2 ·
I have the same bars in the Medium bend and there was plenty of slack in the cable still so you will probably be ok.

#3 ·
Do you have anything else? Like risers or anything? i was just wondering b/c I am looking into these as well. How do you like the medium bend? I am 6'2'' so was curious about those. The only new cable I want to get is a throttle cable cuz I am going to twist throttle.

#4 ·
The pro tapers are great, my bike has been upsidedown 2 times and the bars are perfect. All the cables are fine, I use atv high bend. I would reccomend a dual gasser throttle, terry cable or moose make one and they are great, best of both worlds. You use stock cable with it.

#5 ·
ATV Hi handlebar is actually around .8" lower than stock if you just swap them. The highest ones are the raptor bend which are very similar to the xx stock bend. If you want to go any higher you will have to get risers. If considering risers the most you can go above stock without changing cables is about 1.75", you have to reroute them though. Let me know if you need more info on the risers.

#7 ·
oh yeah and I run a Houser +1 stem, no issues

#8 ·
instead of spending money on the trail tech riser, you should seriously consider the Houser stem, not too much differance in cost and a huge impeovement plus the anti-vibration bar clamp is awsome! www.houser-racing.com

#9 ·
According to Rocky Mountain ATV
Pro Taper SE ATV Hi is 32" Wide 6.3" High and 3.94" Pull Back
Pro Taper SE Raptor is 30.3" Wide 5.63" High and 3.41" Pull Back
according to the the ATV hi is taller than the raptor by just under .7"

#10 ·
You're right if you stay with 7/8" bars ;) If you go to fatbars like the contour then you will be around stock (you need fatbar adapters that raise a bit). The ATV Hi fo the contour bars and the SE bars have different rise! LOL

#11 ·
i didn't realize we were talking about 7/8 bars, you need the 1 1/8 fat bars

#12 ·
+1 love my evo bars cr hi-rise

#15 ·
I put a set of these on yesterday and they are a little bit wider. The cables where not long enough to mount next to the starter like the stock bars!! But I like where it moved them to. Bout an inch in. But u can still get a good hold of them!! Ill try and get pics up today!! If I can fig how to do it?!?!

#16 ·
the 1 1/8 bars are stronger, the Houser stem is much stronger and the anti vibration mounts are a real savior to your arms!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.