Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Pro Armor fat nerf bars...I got them on the 700xx, and all hardware is loose. The left side fell in place perfect and the mounting hole for the lower arm fits perfect. The bolt will slide right in and is good to go. Now move to the right side and the front arm bolt is no where close to the hole. I can push on it and move it enough to see the bolt but not line up. So I backed the bolts off that hold the foot pegs on..a little closer...ok so now what ?? I took the left side off and then the right side fell in place..this is getting old quick..getting pissed.:steamed:....Now back to the left side and got it on and bolt through the nerf bar.....Back to the right side again..now it does not line up again....Damn it...beer time..........So I sat back and looked at all the parts really good.:confused: I can tell where the two nerf bars fit together one side is a little bent towards the front of the quad. I put a drift in the tube and moved it some but it fell back to its normal position. All the hardware is loose and all the holes line up but not when the two are joined together...So what do I do...am I missing something ??? I do work 3rd shift and have been up since 8pm last night. I guess I am getting tired and just missing something...Please help !!.....I am going to get some rest and try this again later on...

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Mine fitted the same as yours did. It was the alignment of the front two tubes where they connect together . I tweaked the two parts to line up properly in the vice. Its kinda fiddly and theres not much space on the frame and watch you dont crush the tubes , there kinda soft.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Do you have the steel peg that bolts to the frame bolted to the nerfs yet? If you do, that is most likely the problem, those were the last bolts I put in. If you have all the bolts started, you can get the bolts through those steel pegs with a little persuation from a rubber hammer!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
When did you recieve yours and are they black? I am still waiting for mine on backorder!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crash....got the Nerf bars from KB Motorsports...did a search online and found them....They had one set left they were the silver ones but I would just paint them black..Ordered them last Wed...go them on Thurs...Talk about fast shippment. They came from Kentucky and I live in Alabama. i just got a buch of sites and started calling them to see who had them instock...paid 322.00 for them but they had them and I went ahead and got them..I have been reading where everyone has been put on backorder for several weeks now...So I paid the extra to get them. They look great and I painted them with a Metallic black paint, which made them look good..as soon as I get them mounted I will post a few pics...

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Mine did the same thing. Took 4 hours to install nerf bars, had to drill the right nerf bar hole bigger to get it in. Told that by e-mail to Pro Armor & they never replied. talk about good service. If I didn't pay this much money for all the Pro Armor stuff I've got on there, I'd f***ing cut there parts in 6 inch tubing & send them back to Pro Armor so that they couldn't sell them back. Never seen anything like this Pro Armor crap in the quad or dirt bike world.

Joe

·
Registered
179 Posts
I got my bumper from pro-armor but I will not be buying the nerfs, I think they look great but you shouldn't have to retrofit custom nerfs.

Sounds like Pro-Armor is having some quality issues from all the bad feedback I've been hearing just during the past week alone.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Mine are broken, I have welded them 4 times! Can't wait for the new Houser's they are by far the best available! I will give the Pro Armors away when I get the Housers!!!!!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Let us know what the "give away" price will be!

·
Registered
667 Posts
u pay shipping! I will give you the first right of refusal

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Mabye that is what the backorder is all about. Hopefully they were correcting the problem. You would hope. I may call them tomorrow to see. If I do then I will let everyone know. It makes sense though the batches go out and dont fit right. Pro Armor gets a ton of calls on it so they go back and make it fit right. A man can dream cant he?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well......I'll take them for free too. Free is always worth the extra effort.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
The only prob I had with mine was the bolt holes not lining up in under the seats, about 3-4 inches down. It was off by atleast 1/2", but with everything else tight, they don't budge at all, so I ride with out those bolts in.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I called Pro Armor a minute ago. Release date is now 4/23! They say all the dates are estimates and it could change! As for the fitment issues, the girl would not be specific but said that issues have been addressed

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finally got the Bars on...After fooling around with them yesterday for 5 hours..I bent the tubes a little to help them fit better. I hd to file the tab down that connects to the front of the frame and drill out the hole on the right side. After all the bending, filing, drilling....it still did not fit...So I quit and went in the house.....Started today at 7am this time with some hex head Metric bolts. I used the hex head bolts in the foot peg and left them loose. The front bolts fit perfect...I had to use longer bolts on the rear fenders. The bolt that goes through the foot peg did not fit, the hole was off. So I had to drill it out and that sucked...SO after 5 hours of crawling around on the ground and working on these Damn Bars I got them on and they are snug and I don't think they are going to fall off anytime soon....They are on there !!! If anyone else has any problems let me know I can walk you through what I did...It was a pain but I guess in the end the look is well worth it..I will post some pics soon...got to download them

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here are some pics of the nerf bars...They were silver, that was the only ones they had in stock and the last pair...so I took them. I painted them Black and then painted over them with a Metallic black paint...looks good !! I also installed the Big 3 from EHS...sounds and rides like a dream..I also added pro armor front bumper....and Tusk Red gas Aluminum cap.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In the pics above I shot a close up of the right side foot peg, I used hex head bolts instead of the Socket head cap screws. That way I could leave it all loose and still get to the bolts after I got the front on the a-arms. It was a pain but well worth it in the end..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
looks good after all that hassle. i am probaly going to get the proarmor fat pegs too ,when they make some more i am going to wait for the black ones,i dam sure dont want to have to go through all that though just to install them,look like they could fabricate them a little closer than that for fitment. they look the best though,just hope they hold up.

·
Registered
667 Posts
In the pics above I shot a close up of the right side foot peg, I used hex head bolts instead of the Socket head cap screws. That way I could leave it all loose and still get to the bolts after I got the front on the a-arms. It was a pain but well worth it in the end..
They do look good in black, congrats on the EHS Barker set up you will love it:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will be hitting the trails this weekend to test the OLE 700xx out...I only have about an hour on the quad...Still brand new..I changed the sproket today and you can really tell it pulls hard. I had the front tires up in the first 3 gears...I think I need to loosen the chain some, the book calls for 3/8 to 1 1/4 of slack or so...I have around 3/8, it is tight....My buddy who rides street bikes told me to loosen the chain or I might snap it if I dump the clutch...Looking forward to getting it dirty this weekend. I will be riding with a bunch of 4x4 four wheelers and Jeeps...I will have the baddest 4 wheeler up there....with all the drunk ********...HA HA...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts