Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just bought a Two Bros slip on exhaust for my 08 700xx, after getting the stock muffler off, I found that the header adapter going from the muffler itself onto the stock header is just barely not wide enough, it slips over the tip, but wont slip all the way on, anyone else had this problem or know how to solve it?

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Have you tried giving it a little twist as you push on it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, quite a bit, spent about 20 minutes trying but gave up because i figured i was only going to wreck my header

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Another member had the same problem with a big gun exhaust. He said he had to send it back to have them swell the mid pipe more because it wouldn’t fit onto the header. Here is a link to that thread.

http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6157

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
if its not swelled enough it wont fit but try some wd-40 you will be amazed how much easier it is to slide together. they need to be tight or they will leak so its supposed to be snug i have had to beat them together with a rubber mallet before (not barkers :) usually the other ones, just fyi they are usually harder to get apart than go together so think about that

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Put some copper based never seize on it before you do the wd 40, that way if you have to take it off it will be a little easier

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
When my pipe was new it went right on, but when I was doing my last round of mods, it was a bitch to get off, and didn't want to go back on. use a light scrub pad and get it nice and clean, then wd40 it to get it back on.

·
Registered
538 Posts
i have a two bros as well and have had it off a couple of times. It was snug to get on/off but never felt like i needed to beat it on. Get some scotch bright and rub both the header and the two bros where they meet, clean it up (make sure there arent any burrs), then spray it down with some WD/40. I would try to twist it as you push it on. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i was expecting it to be something like what redrider described, however i DO have to beat it to get it on about a millimeter....after that its just not possible, but im going to take a wire brush and clean the header and try that WD-40 trick, thanks i`ll let ya`s know what happens

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nope, still wont go, but im taking it and the header to a place tmrw where im told the guys can swell the pipe so that it fits so hopefully that`ll be that, i`ll post pics when i finally get the thing on

1 - 10 of 10 Posts