Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 700XX that was given to me and it has been sitting 4-5 years. I am having trouble starting it and if it does start it dies. It acts like the fuel filter is clogged but I have checked it and the fuel line from the tank and the injectors are working correctly. Almost acts like its out of fuel...any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
5,850 Posts
New spark plug, and fresh fuel!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: suprdavtn

·
Super Moderator
5,850 Posts
Fuel filter is in the pump, and there's a fuel strainer in the tank. But I thought you said you alrdy confirmed it's getting fuel, even out of the injector?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not exactly fuel the injector should be spraying; but I know its running lean because my header pipe glows red after a few minutes of running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2007 TRX450ER
223 Posts
If it is lean you need to change the fuel filter. It has been updated by honda because of the original filter clogging and causing a lean condition.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My header feels extremely hot while running, but how can I know for sure if I'm getting a lean condition? Best to just check/clean/replace the pump filter anyways?

·
Registered
2007 TRX450ER
223 Posts
My header feels extremely hot while running, but how can I know for sure if I'm getting a lean condition? Best to just check/clean/replace the pump filter anyways?
Yes replace the filter.

Reactions: M_Quick

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes replace the filter.
I was actually running a bit low on oil, maybe 0.5qt, that was likely the reason for my hot condition. I have been running the quad hard over the last few weeks and noticed no issues.

Thanks for the suggestion. What about the o-rings in the pump, do those need to be replaced too, or would doing just the filer be ok?

When I do oil changes I reuse the filter housing o-ring and haven't thought twice about it or had issues.

[MENTION=1704]M_Quick[/MENTION]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts