Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
programmer needed???

hi guys,
just got my 700xx and put a velocity filter and dmc afterburner full system on. i've read that you should re-program them after such upgrades but i rode it today and it runs great!! no backfire, no sputtering or stalling, etc. so should i still get a programmer or let it be. the only issue i have is it really doesn't want to idle when first started but after a min or so of givin her a little throttle she's just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
yes you will need a programer with these mods

·
Registered
984 Posts
To get the full benefits of your upgrades and to protect the motor from a lean condition you will need a programmer.

·
Registered
217 Posts
hi guys, i've read that you should re-program them after such upgrades but i rode it today and it runs great!! no backfire, no sputtering or stalling, etc. so should i still get a programmer or let it be. .
Get your wallet out, it is just the beginning.:hey:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey thanks guys...appreciate the input...i've always had carb machines and just did a little re-jetting but this is my first efi so i just wasn't sure. however, i do have one more question. a buddy of mine has a programmer for his 700xx. he offered to reprogram mine for me. is there a benefit to havin my own or should i save the cash and let him do it. i've done all the mods im goin do so shouldn't be any changes as far as that goes......

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
He has a program to reflash the ECU?

·
Registered
528 Posts
most of them are piggyback, you should probably go ahead and get your own.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Yeah you need to have your own it does not store it like a car programmer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok thanks guys....he was sponsored by honda and they gave him a 700xx in 09 to race gncc with...he says he can flash it...i don't know..i'm not up on all the efi programmers so i honestly have no idea. but i'm just goin get my own...thanks again!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
heres what im into, i put on a fmf q4 with the screen in, stock air filter and stock gearing, and the riding i do is steep hills and rocky slick terrain and tite trails alot of log crossings to boot. but this last ride at the top of a looooog hill she coughed and died sending her to the bottom with a thud. so new steering stem and pro tapers and hand guards later and a 13 tooth and uni filter with stock lid it still seems a little lean, but its 10 degrees out and i havent had a chance to ride it hard in the woods yet. so will i be better off getting a programmer and installing it now or wait and see if see rolls down the next loooog hill?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Why are you waiting? Get something on it. These atvs are lean stock

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was having the same problem with mine.it was stalling on me as well and would die in the most unwanted places.I installed a fmf tuner.It was very easy to hook up...plug and play.This worked for me but you may want to go with the pclll or pcv.The 700xx is my first 4- wheeler and don't know much about them so I'm allways on here to learn more.Your in the right place!This is an awesome site with lots of great info!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I would go ahead and get an efi controller its not going to quit running like that until you do

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.