Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Project 727 Big Bore

14K views 50 replies 18 participants last post by  trx tas 
#1 ·
It is important when re sleeving the Honda cylinder to reinforce between the bore and the outter casting. From the factory there is no support between the bore and the outside perimeter of the cylinder. Most cylinders have some sort of bracing in the water jacket to improve it's structural integrity. We first mill pockets in the water jacket between the bore and the outside of the cylinder. We then press in cross drilled dowels for support. These dowels are cross drilled for water flow and welded at the top of the cylinder. We next bore out the cylinder and drop in the new 105mm sleeve. Then we bore and hone the cylinder to match our CP piston, and then lastly we deck the top of the cylinder to ensure a flat sealing surface for the head to mate to.

$629.99 with cylinder exchange, also includes 13:1 CP Piston

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
nice......have u put it on a dyno with this set up..... will u offer a lower comp piston so it can run on pump gas

#3 ·
I can see with the open deck that there is less strength but have you done any testing with those supports. Is it possible that with a hard session of riding that the motor would overheat since the coolant slows passing through the supports? I like what you're doing, this is awesome. I can't wait to see some dyno charts and field testing...

#9 ·
The head isn't open as the cylinder is, there are only about six holes in the head the coolant flows into. I would like to see allot of hours in this particular design though. With the dowels welded and staggared unevenly stress fractures may accour.

#5 ·
bored out and 13:1 i wanna see some big dyno numbers here!!:yay:

#12 ·
Welcome to the forum, we appreciate you doing this.

:D
Lets see some hours and power numbers. Then talk !:D
And gratefull that you build this nice bit of kit.

#13 ·
I second Baxter...

#15 ·
I had talked to the guys a few weeks ago at White Knuckle racing and the said they were at 65Hp but limited by a few set backs. I never received dyno sheets I requested though. Hopefully they'll post some more info on here on to enlighten a few more details of the build.

#20 ·
I was going to send my crank out to Tim when my case was split but I didn't get enough return from the forum on my last venture to justify even more downtime on my bike. I did however get a big bore kit made. It's the same bore size as knuckles but slightly different design.

#25 ·
my ferinds who live in nyc has the 421 cub banshee and 727 raptor.....i haden riden the raptor yet but the banshee is just fast as hell and hes runing pump gas in it to.....

#22 ·
I'll post when all is ready, This is Knuckles thread. I do wish they would post more information on some numbers and what supporting mods they have ran. Mainly if they hit the 65hp on a stock injector?

#26 ·
explosive racing did not know exact horsepower numbers said they (white knuckle racing) have had it on the dyno for a while can run less compression if you want he recommened personally to stay away from 13.1 said he would go 12.1 oh and it is about $3000 australian dollars for the complete kit

#27 ·
#29 ·
Hey Sorry for not getting on here much. We have been extremely busy lately. I will try and post a dyno sheet on here later in the week. I just got the Barkers exhaust system to run on this kit. I hope to get time this week on the dyno to see if we can make some more progress. To adress some of the other concerns voiced earlier in this thread. Cooling is not an issue ,nor will it be. Neither is cracking.The way we braced this cylinder in the water jacket is nothing new to the resleeving process. It has been done this way on several other brands with no problems. Most aftermarket big bore cylinders have some sort of internal bracing between the bore and the outside casting of the cylinder to increase structural integrity.I will try and keep everyone updated as we progress on this project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.