Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time back I posted a pic of the drive through tree in Leggett, CA. The pic I posted showed my tree as if I'd just driven through the tree... I had backed up to the tree to get the pic and didn't drive through... which I clearly said in my post. However, some posted that they doubted that you could actually drive through the tree in the first place. I was up that way over the weekend and took the 2 pics in the attachments. The second pic is a GMC 2500 HD 4wd that has the same dimensions as my Chevy 2500. I was shocked that the truck fit through... even with the mirrors folded. The guy had less than 1/2 inch clearance on his sides, but got through. I'm not brave enough to try my truck though... let someone else risk THEIR truck.

roadkill

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Roadkill, isn't there a few other redwoods you can do this at? I remember going w/ my aunt and uncle when I was younger thru two trees on the same road, w/ in miles of each other. It may be my memory fading as maybe we turned around or something and came thru the same tree, but I thought this was common sometimes on some of the side roads.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roadkill, isn't there a few other redwoods you can do this at? I remember going w/ my aunt and uncle when I was younger thru two trees on the same road, w/ in miles of each other. It may be my memory fading as maybe we turned around or something and came thru the same tree, but I thought this was common sometimes on some of the side roads.
It's possible.... according to the internet, this is not the only redwood you can drive through.

Try the link below...
http://www.alamedainfo.com/redwood_tree_ca.htm

roadkill

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've driven through that tree too. Saw many trucks/SUVs driving through it. It's a big tourist trap, but it's still cool.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've driven through that tree too. Saw many trucks/SUVs driving through it. It's a big tourist trap, but it's still cool.
This is at about the half way point when I go up to Eureka, CA to ride. Costs $5.00 to get in, but it's a good place to rest my tired butt from the drive. This time there were a big bunch of German tourists there.

roadkill

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is at about the half way point when I go up to Eureka, CA to ride. Costs $5.00 to get in, but it's a good place to rest my tired butt from the drive. This time there were a big bunch of German tourists there.

roadkill
When I was there last summer, there was a large bus full of Asian tourists. The drive to the giftshop and the "drive-through-tree" is neat as well. Lots of beautiful old-growth trees.

Haven't gone to the "Trees of Mystery" yet though.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
wow. i haven't been there in 20 years.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.