Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I left the dealer today with a new double o xx.. (delivery tomorrow). They said 3-4 tanks of gas, no full throttle (internal thought: fight the urge, must fight the urge)..

That said,
What is the best recommended break in procedure, low throttle, then mid, 2-3 minutes each etc? Anything I should do other than not pin the throttle?

Only go 3/4? Make sure I hit all the rev bands?

I am worried I will pin it with normal riding. Kind of hard not to. Maybe some type of throttle stop is in order? Hey, we have a product. Break in period throttle stop.. Or some type of Valet mode (like cars) ECU map.

I know tomorrow they will give me a full breakdown once delivered, but I wanted the owners opinions:confused:

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have rode my 400ex hard since the first time I took it out. I did the same with my 700 and no problems yet.

·
Registered
984 Posts
You better call in tomorrow too, your arms are going to be sore from being stretched.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well she is here... I rode about 10 min just checking it out.. 1st and 2nd gear are useless on the road...

I think the speed is deceiving.. plus I wasnt crushing it trying to break everything in..

But 1st gear does a wheelie no matter how light I am on it!!!! also I noticed the IRS immediately. Was extremely nice to go over the speed bumps and not get tossed.

Unfortunately I cannot ride for about 2-3 weeks. I may try to get home early one day and go local to check her out.

I think the power will be absolutely awesome.. thats for sure. Everything is well put together.. and to top it off, the exhaust is nice and quiet compared to my FMF on the 300ex.

Edit: As I was writing the review I got the urge... went out and tried second gear.. Oh lord, so smoooooth so... so.. so..redicilious I cant even explain how great this bike is. I know after 3 min of riding.

And the fact I pulled into the garage and used reverse to park her.

I cant say enough, how much I like this bike, and how happy I am with my purchase... :rock:

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just ride it and don't worry about. I have over 5k on mine and all I've done is change oil and clean filter. No valves nothing. Runs like a charm.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got my bike about 2 weeks ago hit the dunes, and took off, holly hell i'm gald the write up was about not taking it easy cause that would have worried me

·
Registered
48 Posts
lol, im pretty sure i never borke mine in, i basically went to 5th gear my first time out on her, i havent changed my oil yet tho, and i have probably gone through 3 or 4 tanks of gas, is that bad? should i maybe change it? and how do you go about changng it? im kida in a pinch for time so im just going to fill it up with new oil for the weekend and then on monday i might look at changing it. hopefully all goes well

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i think i went almost 40hr before first oil change. Its a HONDA they can take it!!:rock:

·
Registered
43 Posts
The owners manual says 20hrs or 100mi, whatever comes first. So I changed mine around 100mi. This thing runs like a dream, I wanna keep it that way.
Best. Quad. Ever! $6000 for it, and never even an ounce of buyer's remorse!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts