Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my XX last week and will be picking it up in a few days. I have never seen one in action. My buddy rides a 450R and he told me I was crazy for getting one. I would like your opinions and the pros and cons on this bike. I love trail riding and visit our local sand dunes often.

Also what do I need to do to the bike to smoke his a**. Got a $2000.00 budget.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
billybobsaints,
You've already done it. You bought the 700XX. Ride the machine for a while to get use to it and then decide if you need it to go faster.
Be sure to look at some of the videos on this forum for performance issues.
Sid

·
Registered
821 Posts
pros- ground clearance for ruts, logs, rocks.
fuel injection
good power everywhere
cons- wheel choices

depending on riders and what is done to his 450, you could be on top now. These rides are great for trails, if you like to slide do a search for sway bars. Factory one is pretty weak allowing for irs to work alot. Stiffer ones turn it into something closer to sra. 2k for mods, big 3 first then what is your riding style.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I might just do that for a few months Sid being I haven't really been on sport quads in a few years. I will be installing the Big 3 but first I want to put some paddle tires on the back. Whats the best rim to put on the back of this thing. I know ITP makes a 10x7 are there any better ones out there?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My two buddies I ride with both have 450r's. After some heavy riding through the woods, trails and mud my 700xx really impressed them. My one buddy went out and bought a 700xx and is trying to sell his 450r. :) My back and a## feels better after a long day of riding also.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Pro : You've bought one.
Con : You mate will also , He just doesn't know it yet !:haha:
now thats the truth.

if i were you i would go with skat track haulers or itp sand stars for the paddles. i run itp t9 pro series 10x7 rear rims with a 4+3 offset and itp sand stars. the rims are pretty common but douglas makes a reasonable rim as well.

if someone doesnt pick up my new front rims soon im going to run skat track mohawks in the frond for the sand.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good stuff guys... Should I go with the 20x10x10 or the 22x11x10 in the skat track and 8 or 10 paddle.

·
Registered
452 Posts
i beat all ltz 450s n honda 450rs with mine with the big three

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ordered the Haulers, 10 paddle 22x11x10 on ITP rims and a 13T sprocket. Shoud have them for this weekends trip to the local dunes.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
My buddy told me that it might not be able to turn over the 10 paddle. I told him to invest in some goggles.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Billybobsaints, where in forest hill are you? i live right here in glenmora.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I live off of stokes lane. U go to the dunes?

·
Registered
302 Posts
nah, ive been there a few times but not since i've gotten the xx. i usually ride around the woods and huntin clubs by my house or in Claiborne or Cravens.

·
Registered
184 Posts
nah, ive been there a few times but not since i've gotten the xx. i usually ride around the woods and huntin clubs by my house or in Claiborne or Cravens.
:disgust: You guys are sooo soo lucky having both sand and forrest to ride, all there is in PA is like 70% coal dirt with 30% regular trails (where I live anyways), i would kill to ride dunes, closest to sand we get in the real fine ground up coal called sut or something, coal by-product. If I lived near sand, thats the only thing i would ride EVER again :lmao:

·
Registered
302 Posts
sand is alright but it gets old after a while. the only thing i like ridin in sand for is to drag race and that gets old after the first 8 or 9 races

1 - 20 of 35 Posts