Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading on another forum about the dealer not removing certain washers from the front hubs causing a wobble. Well I had noticed this wobble in mine previously and thought it was from the rough trails I riden, So... I went out and looked to find this

Notice the gap on the left

There were only two, both on adjacent wheel studs

·
Registered
105 Posts
as i stated in the other forum the two washers are to be discarded they are there to keep the shipping crate from rubbing the hub and the dealers set up tech was not doing his job therewas a tech bulliten about this form honda

·
Registered
41 Posts
I checked mine today and discovered I had been riding with the washers in place for the last eight months. I always wondered why my wifes 400EX seemed to track better down the trails. I just figured it was the IRS that made mine a little wobbly. I can't wait to get out and see how it tracks with the washers out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have had my tires off two different times and didn't pay any attention...mine need to be removed as well! lol

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ttt

·
Registered
12 Posts
just figured out which washers you were talking about in the pictures and i checked mine and there were no washers so ty for the pic, and the info, on the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I helped assemble mine out of the crate, and I noticed the washers along with my buddy, and realized they weren't spose to go there, as we have never seen any on any other machine before like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had exactly the same problem. Now the real bummer was I had taken the bike to the dealership complaining the rims on the front were bent. The dealer confirmed they were and I was on my own.

Two weeks later I get a call from the dealer asking me to bring my bike in. I inquired as to why and was told they were concerned the bike might not have been set up properly. When I asked what that meant, they finaly told me about this washer issue.

I went home, took my two front wheels off and found exactly what you see above.

Man, was I pissed! Especially given the dealer swore up and down that they had taken my rims off and validated they were bent. And moreover, told me it was my fault, "I must have hit something".

·
Registered
574 Posts
I had exactly the same problem. Now the real bummer was I had taken the bike to the dealership complaining the rims on the front were bent. The dealer confirmed they were and I was on my own.

Two weeks later I get a call from the dealer asking me to bring my bike in. I inquired as to why and was told they were concerned the bike might not have been set up properly. When I asked what that meant, they finaly told me about this washer issue.

I went home, took my two front wheels off and found exactly what you see above.

Man, was I pissed! Especially given the dealer swore up and down that they had taken my rims off and validated they were bent. And moreover, told me it was my fault, "I must have hit something".
Exactly why no one works on my machines but me. I have worked at dealerships for years. I know what goes on (in the back). I never worked at a bike dealership, but from what I have seen and heard they are worse than car dealerships. You should have told them yes I will be right down, you can buy me lunch, fill my truck with gas and wax it while I wait. Lying bastards.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts