Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I am riding a wheelie my XX wants to pull to the right. If I'm riding on asphalt it pulls so hard that I'm hardly able to shift gears before letting it back down to stay on the road. I've checked the tire pressure and spring preload and everything is the same on both sides. Any idea on what could be causing this? Maybe a bent wheel?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never thought about that! I'll have to check it out and see how they compare. BTW, I have 22" Kutters on the rear.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checked circumference today and it looks like the left rear is about 3/8" larger than the right. Could this cause it to pull this hard?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
That is a 1.75% difference, assuming the other is right at 22". So If you went 100' the bigger tire would travel 1.75' further, or at least it would try to. If you use 101.75 as the hypotenuse and trig it out you get 18.8' of left or right. It wouldn't be that much cause the smaller tire is fighting against it. But you can see how small amounts can make a big difference. The sure way to check would be to adjust air pressure so that the circumferences are the same, and then see what you got. You can take a lot out with body movement, but sounds like you are past that point.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Try increasing the air pressure in the small tire until you have the same diameter...if it wheelies straight then, problem solved...then you just have to decide if uneven air pressure is OK or not...probably won't even notice...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats what I've been doing but I've been fighting a slow leak in my right so it's been hard to keep track of the air pressure while riding. Hopefully the slime did it's job and sealed it up.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Slime will work miracles. But pretty much what they said. I found this pig really hard to pass cars or go around corners with doing a wheelie compared to SRA's.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I found this pig really hard to pass cars or go around corners with doing a wheelie compared to SRA's.
Pass cars? haha I want to ride with this guy!

·
Registered
821 Posts
I am trying to get turning corners down better. With my old warrior I could lower air in rears and it made a ton of difference. But it had stiffer tires on it and if you air down the stockers on xx it feels kind of spongy and not responsive. Not the feeling I like with the front tire 2-3ft in the air. Another problem I find is turning was real easy when you could put a foot on the grab bar, hard to do on xx. But all in due time. Watched a vid on youtube, black guy on I think a 400 rode a wheelie forever, around corners, switching lanes, passing cars. Pretty good if you ask me, also pretty expensive if you got caught or messed up.

·
Registered
455 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts