Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is any one running 110 or any thing more than 93 oct. I have a friend that runs it in his stock yzf (?) 450 and said he wont run any thing else. I have the big 3 (fmf and k&n) and was wondering if theres any advantage to running it

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
11:1 and under is just fine with premium pump gas. The YFZ engine is designed to run premium in stock form so he is buying higher octane for nothing if its still stock internally.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'm running u4.2, But as Bo said anything under 11:1 is wasting money, Higher Octanes make less power than lower octanes.

·
Registered
425 Posts
you should check out the 91 octane we run..that stuff is garbage.

Tuning cars i see about a 25-50 more HP running 93 octane instead of 91 we get out west...when speaking turbo cars.

Now Back to Quads.....

yah you only need to run the Octane your bike was built to run. If he's too thick headed to listen then get him a 12:1 piston for x-mas.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The power increase in a turbo car is from being able to run 2-3lbs more boost on 93 compared to 91.

·
Registered
253 Posts
you should check out the 91 octane we run..that stuff is garbage.

Tuning cars i see about a 25-50 more HP running 93 octane instead of 91 we get out west...when speaking turbo cars.

Now Back to Quads.....

yah you only need to run the Octane your bike was built to run. If he's too thick headed to listen then get him a 12:1 piston for x-mas.
What do you run? I've always ran either 91 or a mix of 103 and 91. Am I wasting my time/money with the 103? I figured if anything it might be burning cleaner. Plus I love the smell of high octane gas haha.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Wasting your money

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I want to find one that smells like skunks. so that every one that is behind me can still find me.

·
Registered
253 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.