Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Man that looks like fun. You guy's , in warmer climates, are killing me. I'm joansn' . I can't even get my XX out, still snowbound. I can wait till spring or even just a couple of nice, warm days. Anyhow, I'm losing my train of thought; Great pics. I hope to be a part of something like that soon.
How many quads were running? if you don't mind my asking. I saw bikes from almost every walk of life in the photo's. Looked great.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Nice Picture, had one of those days last year at Hatfield, not as bad but still pretty muddy. As long as I can see, I'm ok. Think that you might need some fenders like mine :D might eliminate some of the mud in your face

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice Picture, had one of those days last year at Hatfield, not as bad but still pretty muddy. As long as I can see, I'm ok. Think that you might need some fenders like mine :D might eliminate some of the mud in your face
I was thinking about your front fenders about an hour into the race. they would have to be stonger mounted and about 3-4" of the tyre so the mud would not jam the front wheel. Got me thinking though as the stock front fenders in these type of conditions are as useful as a chocolate fireguard.:D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man that looks like fun. You guy's , in warmer climates, are killing me. I'm joansn' . I can't even get my XX out, still snowbound. I can wait till spring or even just a couple of nice, warm days. Anyhow, I'm losing my train of thought; Great pics. I hope to be a part of something like that soon.
How many quads were running? if you don't mind my asking. I saw bikes from almost every walk of life in the photo's. Looked great.
there was about 60+ of us and yes all brands where there. For some this was a first try at XC. About 80% finished.:D

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
The fenders are 3" above the tire and the brackets are 1/4" stainless steel rods so they should be pretty strong but if you want a thicker rod, OCC would build them for you.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The fenders are 3" above the tire and the brackets are 1/4" stainless steel rods so they should be pretty strong but if you want a thicker rod, OCC would build them for you.
The only issue I have is mounting them on the brake caliper mounting bolts.:D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
there was about 60+ of us and yes all brands where there. For some this was a first try at XC. About 80% finished.:D
Found the results there was 36 entered and I finished 18th. The DNF rate is fairly high. Only 1 Pro finished outta 8.:D

·
Registered
667 Posts
congrats! I would love to ship the EHSxx over and run one with you!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
congrats! I would love to ship the EHSxx over and run one with you!
Bugger off ! I am building a British EHS version. A gentlemans RACER.:D
:lmao::yay:

·
Registered
667 Posts
We can start FTF Racing (F the French)! Our slogan "We'll run thru ya like the Germans!" LMAO

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heres some more pics.

This is what we work upto on Sunday morning.
Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Snow Vehicle Sky

Sky Snow Natural landscape Plant Tree
Just before going to start line
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread
3 hours later !
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Had a great day . Guess you never grow outta playing in the mud and snow:D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey Bax... is that IMS tank a regular oversized or a dry break ready tank with screw adapter?
Regular oversized . With 18 litres onboard , I don't have to stop for refuelling. It also adds weight to the front end. Had to adjust front shock settings to compensate for added weight.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I was just wondering to see if you could take a measurement for me.... from the top of the screw cap (screw cap off) down to where the tank opens up... know what I'm trying to say???...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts