Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a quad for a girl that has only driven a rancher 350 with push button manual. I would like to get something that is quick, but not overly powerful. She is 22 and isn't really fond of using a clutch, but she'll learn if she needs to. I was thinking about a raptor 250 or 350, but I'm not knowledgeable of other quads along that size. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are these smaller quads geared way down, so they will have lots of low end power? If so, how much power do they have on the top end? Obviously, I don't know very much about the smaller bores. The Honda sounds good as long as it has enough power. I just want her to get something that she will somewhat be able to keep up with me.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i agree ... honda 250ex ... and as she gets better ... jetkit/exhaust/air filter ..and should hold her over until she can control it going faster...

she wont have to worry about dumping the clutch on a hill (although she will learn to use the brakes) and can slowly get the idea of using a clutch without being overwhelmed with killing it all the time (which isn't any fun and can lead her to not want to ride).

·
Registered
375 Posts
X 2 on the 250ex. Best bike for a beginner.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
x3 on the 250EX

It's actually a pretty fun bike with a clutch and stall proof transmissions :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone.

That sounds like exactly what I'm looking for.

I guess that I'll be keeping an eye out for a 250ex.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Tack on one more for the EX and pick up a set of wheel spacers for the rear to help with stability. My step son has an 2006 that's piped, jetted and K&N filter that's a really fun bike to throw a leg over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts