Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, im just wondering what the quad scene is like in Canada and how many decent places to ride there is, as I may be spending a yr or moving to Canada in the future, and riding plays in to this equation alot as I could never live anywhere I can't ride, I'm going to be around the Alberta area (where ever that is), I don't meen to sound simple or ignorant but I don't know huge amounts abOut places outside of Australia,

Any info you guys and girls could give would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
This might help you out.
http://members.shaw.ca/killefitt/

I have Family around Westlock area of Alberta. I havent visited them for a long while but we went riding, last time Jill and I went. We just followed the power lines for a couple of hours then turned round and came home. I found it very quad friendly place to ride. The winters are cold though, like -22 degrees celsiuos. Then they get the sleds out. Theres some beautiful countryside on youre doorstep in Alberta.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can tell ya that its going to be a lot colder than the climate you're used to. So bring some woolies. Alberta covers a lot of territory from the bald prairie in the south, mountains in the west and boreal forest in the north. So depending on where you're hang'n out you'll have lots of opportunities to ride different terrain. I'd go to a local powersports dealer and ask where everyone rides. Maybe you'll also get a chance to go sledding, skidoo'n and snowmobiling when its too cold or too much snow for quad'n.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Yeah now it's -26 celsius;) but anytime anybody comes I will take care and be sure you have no worries! In the winter we road race type race and pros run 450 hi comp 60rwhp mill . There is a lot trail witj shelters and we have some drinks;)

Anydobies wanna comes, I will host for pleasure!!!! I don't in the wintet!!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
-26!!!! Holy shit that's cold, I'm used to temps of around 30 in winter and 38 in summer. and I've never seen snow before so to go quad riding or snOw mobile riding would be awesome and something im definatly keen to do, as well as snow boarding but I'm
Guessing I'm going to go arse over tea kettle doing that one. Cheers for the help guys,

The temP change is def goin to be to biggest problem as im going over in oct/ nov so it's going to be a temp change if about 30 to 45 degrees by the sounds of things

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Hey Baxter where do live in England???
I live in Preston, Lancashire. Slap bang in the middle of nowhere to ride. Everthing is a min 3 hour drive but love racing the xx. :D

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Alberta is Beautiful all year round, it does get cold but just dress warm. I used to ski in Banff and was great. We have a member that's from Alberta but haven't seen her posting for awhile and I can't recall her name but someone should since she was also in a magazine.

Have fun up there.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Alberta is Beautiful all year round, it does get cold but just dress warm. I used to ski in Banff and was great. We have a member that's from Alberta but haven't seen her posting for awhile and I can't recall her name but someone should since she was also in a magazine.

Have fun up there.
You would mean Amanda aka DIRTWHEELSGIRL.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
That's the one, Thanks Lee

1 - 11 of 11 Posts