Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was using the drag strip where I go riding sometimes and was going against my friend in his trx700

1/4 of the way down the strip after going quite a few times my quad stopped moving when throttle pressed
Had to tow it up a steep hill, all the way back to trailer, got it home, washed it
When I shift into all gears and reverse and release the clutch and throttle it won't move at all

I am able to put it in gear when it would usually lock the wheels up so thry camt move but now It doesn't lock the wheels up at all, it's like it's in neutral although its in gear

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
sounds like your clutch is shot to crap,and have you check your chain not to be a smart ass may be broke

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds like your clutch is shot to crap,and have you check your chain not to be a smart ass may be broke
Yeah checked the chain, it's still good

What do I have to replace for the clutch?would I be able to do it myself or I need to take it somewhere?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Yeah checked the chain, it's still good

What do I have to replace for the clutch?would I be able to do it myself or I need to take it somewhere?

Thanks
step one get the free manual d/load. And I think Eric of EHS racing had a nice clutch kit for out quads, Maybe ask and price his and other's and go from there.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
sounds like something broke in tranny you can still drive it with no clutch, after i start out in first with my clutch i usually up shift and down shift without clutch,you just got to be careful, at the right rpm itll shift like an auto without the clutch:xx:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Im thinkin something similar to tbird, I'm thinking it may be locked in a gear or selecting 2 at a time, I would drop the oil and check for metal,

·
Registered
151 Posts
I agree it sounds like something in the transmission may have broken. When you pull the clutch lever does it feel normal or does it feel real loose? If it is loose it could be a clutch issue. If it feels normal then it likely is a transmission issue. If it is in the transmission and you have never split an atv engine case before you probably want to take it somewhere to get repaired.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I agree it sounds like something in the transmission may have broken. When you pull the clutch lever does it feel normal or does it feel real loose? If it is loose it could be a clutch issue. If it feels normal then it likely is a transmission issue. If it is in the transmission and you have never split an atv engine case before you probably want to take it somewhere to get repaired.
To add to this. Sat on the 700 with the engine not running , can you select all gears without "rockin" the quad ?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
To add to this., can you select all gears without "rockin" the quad ?
the only time i have to rock my trex is sometimes to get it into neutral!!!!!!!:steamed:

·
Registered
42 Posts
same thing happend to me this weekend my bike will idle just fine but when i put it in gear it wont go i was thinking the clutch it act like it wants to go but it dont grab i could get in to all gears and it fill normal when i get in to my gears just dont grab i checked my oil smelled like trans. fluid and it had meatel flakes so i stoped running it till i find out what is wrong with it i was thinking of sending it in to get i checked if u find out anything let me know ill keep reading the thread

1 - 10 of 10 Posts