Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Wayne has (and the rest of his crew) but I was looking at his list of mods on his site and noticed the Quadtech desert seat
http://www.quadtech-atv.com/pages/products/ds6-h1.html
I want to try it, but I dont understand the height increase number: 11/4" I have never seen this number... Anyone have a picture of this installed? Wayne's seat looks stock height.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Desert seats are usually taller for one of 2 reasons.

1. Because you stand and sit so many times during a desert race that it whares you out; taller seat means there is not so far between sitting and standing so you use less energy.

2. You have a softer seat foam so it needs to be taller to sit in the same possition.

Quadtech will make you what ever you are after.

Linc

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, Wayne had a desert seat, but it was to tall for him and his crew... they use a Quadtech cover on the stock seat... don't know if they change the foam or not... i use the desert seat because I'm taller, and I really like it

·
Registered
17 Posts
The desert seat is taller for a few reasons as mentioned before.They are usually made of a closed cell foam which is softer but firmer feeling.I run a 2" taller seat to accomadate for a +2 stem and the taller IMS tank so my handle bars dont feel like ape hangers.The QuadTech seat also comes with anti-slip covering for wet conditions so you dont get a bad case of monkey butt after 250 miles of riding. The 11/4 # I think is the width and height built to your spec.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
that is a very nice seat cover but im not sure i would spend the 170 for it. there are also a few on ebay for about 40bucks if you are just looking for color change.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is what I am asking.... is there a point to the taller seat? I am a tall guy (6'4") is this taller seat something I should look into? is it like a sled seat, (a powderpuff, for those of you in the north...) Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
im 6'3'' and havent had any problems with the up and down afer long days of riding in the dunes on a stock seat. i think the gripper seats on ebay are nice for the money and for the rec rider

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sweet! that is all I needed to know...

·
Registered
667 Posts
The seat cover on e-bay is top quality, it is a husband and wife team from Pa. They are very plesant to deal with. I have his seat cover on my bike, the differance is night and day from the stock slipper seat! I would recommend this seat to anyone. He will also custom embroider it for you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, Wayne had a desert seat, but it was to tall for him and his crew... they use a Quadtech cover on the stock seat... don't know if they change the foam or not... i use the desert seat because I'm taller, and I really like it
I'm really interested in one of these, I'm 6' 2" and I live in Vegas and do lots of long rides. Going from sitting and standing all of the time is kind of hard on my knees. Did you need a taller stem or riser with the seat? Does it make a big difference over stock? I see that is is $170 without the seat base, is it easy to switch the base? Just curious in case I want to switch back to the regular seat if I leave the desert..thanks!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I'm really interested in one of these, I'm 6' 2" and I live in Vegas and do lots of long rides. Going from sitting and standing all of the time is kind of hard on my knees. Did you need a taller stem or riser with the seat? Does it make a big difference over stock? I see that is is $170 without the seat base, is it easy to switch the base? Just curious in case I want to switch back to the regular seat if I leave the desert..thanks!
you don't necessarily need a taller stem... i ride fine with the stock setup... but i will be getting a taller one soon though, only because I stand up a lot... it is a big difference over stock to me... those few inches help out a lot.... yes its easy to switch it out.. i didnt do it on this one, but i have done it on my other quad before...

·
Registered
33 Posts
So who all has a quad tech desert seat cover and how do you like them? Are they really worth it? I'm 6' 4" and think I'd like a taller seat and know I'd like a little softer seat but not sure if the quad tech would be too soft.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Quad Tech seems to be out of business. I have read a few threads about it on a few different forums, and a few weeks ago I tried calling them a few different times and the phone just rang, not even a way to leave a message.

That being said, I love my desert seat. Ends up being about an 1 1/2" taller than stock and it's about the same firmness as the stock seat. Have been very happy with it.

Doug

1 - 13 of 13 Posts