Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just saw a pic of dagirls quad standing up to show off the skid plates. the first day i got my quad we stood it up in the back of my buddies truck along with his. got to hollister. pulled the quad out and road all day. put it back in the truck standing up again. and when we got home the bed of his truck was covered in oil. got it down and my air box was full of case oil. now i did read my instructions before i did this to find out if i needed to drain the fuel or anything. there was nothing there in the transporting part of the instructions. as im cleanin it out my buddy found a sentence in the book somewhere that said not to stand it up because it could ruin the motor. anybody else run into this problem?

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I've never ran into this, but the longest I stood mine up was an hour or so to wash the underside of it, and I just plugged the air intake so no water could get into the air box...I dont see why you couldn't though and why oil was coming out. Maybe you shouldn't do it when it is warm or hot (the machine I mean)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was thinkin the same thing that it was still warm. but the oil came right from the breather hose for the case. wonderin if i can clamp that off.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I dont see any reason why you couldn't just run the breather hose to the front of the quad so it would then be pointing up if you stood the quad on its grab bar.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Look in the book, Mine is not handy but I believe it says to not haul them standing up a 2 stroke is no problem but with the 4 stroke I would not haul standing up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts