Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, does the UNI filter go over the stock air cage or does it have something of its own? I didnt know if I should go through the work of cutting open the stock air cage if the UNI doesnt even use it. Please let me know

·
Registered
306 Posts
Smoooth should know this answer. I think uni does NOT have a cage. But wait a second and there will be an answer

·
Registered
217 Posts
The UNI filter has a cage with it.:hey:

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
uni filter

I'm using a Uni filter for a 450r it come with a cage. The filter is bigger,also you will have to cut where the stock bracket bolt and seal the box. Here in Canada they cost 35$.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I ordered my filter a min ago. Should have it tuesday! I think I have a problem. lol No matter what I add to my toys I am always looking for more to do to them.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Smoooth should know this answer. I think uni does NOT have a cage. But wait a second and there will be an answer
I don't run Uni but figured it should have one since it foam.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I thought we were talking about it on another thread. I thought you were the one say it did or didn't. My b

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Back on topic...

Crash21, Your sig says you pulled the spark arrestor. The spark arrestor on the stock muffler?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, pulled the core on the stock muffler and bought a tip. Sounds way better and it runs better as well. I had a full exhaust on my old yfz450 and it was just too loud. Plus this was way cheaper. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Does UNI filter utilize the little hook at the back of the airbox to keep it secure?

·
Registered
64 Posts
My cage did. I just reused the bracket and changed the awful phillips screw to a hex head.
Thanks scuzz!

Just got mine today, a few pics if anyone is interested. The screen inside has MUCH larger holes then the stocker. Looks really nice, can't wait to test it out with my new EHS lid and EFI box.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts