Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading through the threads regarding this and noticed some people have had to shave there A-arm or replace them with racing A-arms, because of the clearance. Is this still the issue? Also if I go with a 10 in rear will the off set be much of a difference to notice on trails and rocky area's ?
:yay:
Thanks in Advance,
CJ

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Where did you read someone had to shave there A-arm or change them to fit 10" rims? With the correct offset you only have to remove the mud scrapers.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
LOL, Is that desert guy serious! Trim an A-Arm to make a 10" rim with an obvious incorrect offset fit? No way would I consider it and I highly doubt OMF would suggest doing so either.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Well shortly after he trimmed he got sonic rear a-arms. Read that in a later post also.
If you go to OMF's web site it has the 11 inch there on the front page.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes He has the blue bike if I remember correctly. It made me weary of moving over to a 10 inch rear. ANy idea on does it handle any differently?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Going with a smaller diameter wheel will not make a notable difference in handling. If you change the offset and width's it will.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do they make the same offset and width as the stock 11 inch in a 10 inch

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Not that I know of, But you can have them made.

·
Registered
425 Posts
A staggered set-up that has the rear wider then the front will most likely cause alot of understeer and more tipping on our quad.

IIRC Desert also got wider in the front too so that the outside edge of front and rear were the same.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Wider rear tires will not cause a tipping issue, It will make it less likely to tip.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yep it would be alot less tippy, but not good for trails tooooooooo wiiiiddddeeee! For us in TN but great for a duner I suppose never been in sand myself.

·
Registered
425 Posts
you must have misunderstood me....

If the rear wheels are sticking out farther then it puts more load on the rear springs....simple issue of your adding more leverage...thus more body roll..thus tip.

You would need to adjust the suspension to compensate

·
Registered
551 Posts
Not at all, I konw what u mean, our trails in TN are tooooooo narrow for any wider machine thats what I ws refering too. Cause if u get the ITP's they make her wider, not good out here at all. Tight squeeze between TREE's!!!!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sp I need to stay to the same offset as stock. Anyone know the stock offset? I am thinking hyper rims but not sure yet? I want an all black rim that is composite not powder coated black.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Clarify what you mean when you say "I want an all black rim that is composite not powder coated black"

Offset is 4+3

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well a powder coat blk rim will scratch and show metal under neath and composite won't. Plus the composite would be lighter

·
Registered
671 Posts
Sp I need to stay to the same offset as stock. Anyone know the stock offset? I am thinking hyper rims but not sure yet? I want an all black rim that is composite not powder coated black.
The stock wheels are a 5:2 offset. The ITP 10" wheels are 4:3 offset. I doubt you will find anything in a 10" wheel with the stock 5:2 offset. I spoke to Douglas Wheel a couple of months ago and they said they have no desire to make a 10" stock offset wheel, said it would be a big expense to make them and they do not think they would see many sales from it.

As far as "composite" wheels, your only option is Hiper, and they only make a 10" wheel in the non stock offset.

Doug

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks, so would 5:3 be the closer of offsets to stock? SO how far on each side would that stick out past stock?

Thanks,
CJ

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
well a powder coat blk rim will scratch and show metal under neath and composite won't. Plus the composite would be lighter
I wouldn't recommend a composite rim if your riding in places that powder coating will not hold up. Composite rims are pretty strong but sharp impacts will trash them.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts