Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am used to my TRX680 Honda Rincon Quad bike and I have recently won the first leg of one of our local trail riding competitions in South Africa......I have bought the TRX 700xx two weeks ago and need to know how far I can ride without refueling, the trail is a 100km long(5 laps of 20 km):confused:......will I make it with one tank of fuel?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Big 3 is , air filter-pipe-programmer. The bike is lean from the factory and gets good mileage. It needs more fuel with better breathing and it goes down from there. There are auxiliary tanks for these if you ned one. I think on jokersracing.com. supposed to be the same one matlock uses for the baja.

·
Registered
755 Posts
100km is about 60 miles so with stock motor i think you can make it using reserve. With big 3 and being on it the whole time would be really cutting it close. Either way I'd put a splash in after 3 laps.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I am used to my TRX680 Honda Rincon Quad bike and I have recently won the first leg of one of our local trail riding competitions in South Africa......I have bought the TRX 700xx two weeks ago and need to know how far I can ride without refueling, the trail is a 100km long(5 laps of 20 km):confused:......will I make it with one tank of fuel?
Stock setup , No.
The stock tank(stock motor) goes for 2 hrs, then it quits. Put it on reserve ,it will get you to the pits. This is what I have learned.
100km is about 62 miles . You may need to refuel.

·
Registered
258 Posts
when i was pre running here in aus with a 15t front sprocket, slip on, and modified filter lid i was getting about 180km using reserve, but since i went full system, fuel controller, prodesign intake kit, and no filter lid it dropped to about 110km, but gets there quicker

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was running a stock bike with a big gear down and 25" tires last year, and we did 100k trails. And we like to play in the mud!

·
Registered
258 Posts
fueling up is always an idea when you have a chance, plus you get to have a rest for a minute or two, whch cant hurt

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
fueling up is always an idea when you have a chance, plus you get to have a rest for a minute or two, whch cant hurt
Agree with this , plus change of googles and gloves.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ive gone 60miles before (100km) without hiting reserve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts