Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna get a good full system exhaust..so wich is better DMC Full system exhuast or Barker or HMF and Uni Filter or K&N Filter ..:xx::xx:

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
oh boy here we go again...

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I'm staying out of this one, do a search and you'll find what you are looking for. There have been plenty of discussions about this on hear

·
Registered
335 Posts
i wanna get a good full system exhaust..so wich is better DMC Full system exhuast or Barker or HMF and Uni Filter or K&N Filter ..:xx::xx:
I can't tell you from experience on the XX. Try searching since nobody wants to personally help ya. What I can tell you is I owned both in duals for my Raptor 700. My opinions below.

DMC- extremely easy to install, looked decent, performed awesome. I sold them because they are loud as hell and wouldn't pass a new 96db noise law even with quiet core inserts.

Barkers- fairly difficult to install and never lined up symetrical, looked awesome asside from sitting at different angles, performed just as well as DMC's, met the 96db level with QC inserts. Another downfall of Barkers is you will want the billet straps and they are $$ expensive upgrade.

I will probably get the Barker single for my XX simply because Tim Barker produces one of the best performing pipes that is still reasonably quiet.

·
Registered
335 Posts
As for filter, stay away from K&N unless you are only riding on pavement. Foam filters provide way better filtration than K&N. Your piston rings will thank you in the long run. I am going to see if Amsoil produces an air filter that fits the XX. They have an awesome no oil gauze style that has massive flow and industry leading filtration. To clean them you just use low psi compressed air.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i bought my curtis sparks and i love it iv went back and forth about it road a buddies xx with barkers and curtis is the better just my 2 cents im not trying to piss anyone off it my opinion lol

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Personally I don't like the barkers the figment isn't good, thin flange on the head pipe and the packing really sucks. The headline corrodes easily and doesn't hold it's shine. The only thing that I like about it is the sound. Sparks is easy to repack, fitment is great and the packing lasts a really long time.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
:xx:
Personally I don't like the barkers the figment isn't good, thin flange on the head pipe and the packing really sucks. The headline corrodes easily and doesn't hold it's shine. The only thing that I like about it is the sound. Sparks is easy to repack, fitment is great and the packing lasts a really long time.
i even had mine ceramic coated and it still looks like shit ,coating eroding and the thin flange i bent torqueing it to the manual spec ,fit ment on header hit the case and almost wore a hole in it before i realized it. like you said the sound is awesome but im gonna try a different brand next time.

·
Registered
258 Posts
your funny thats why your trying to sell your Curtis for barkers. What a joke.
let me tell ya i never said i didn't like the power it gave it is superior over the barkers i only was selling because it wasn't loud enough for me but what im saying you don't need to be posting smart ass comments like that

·
Registered
192 Posts
let me tell ya i never said i didn't like the power it gave it is superior over the barkers i only was selling because it wasn't loud enough for me but what im saying you don't need to be posting smart ass comments like that
I agree with Racer, just not the way he said it. Even though you want want a "better" sounding exhaust from the Barkers, you are better off in the long run to keep the Sparks. From the way some of these guys are talking, it sounds to me like the Barkers isn't going to be as reliable.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Sparks setup

·
Registered
192 Posts
so wich is better EHS SETUP OR DMC OR HMF ?
Sorry about that, I guess I got a little off-topic. Of the three you asked about, I would personally go with HMF. After reading the complaints with the Barkers, it sounds sketchy. I've never even seen a DMC exhaust, heard one, read any reviews, or know anyone that have ran one, so I cannot speak much about it. I do run an HMF exhaust on my Rincon, the Swamp Series XL. Although it only a slip-on and only for utility type ATV's, it does however sound great and perform well for me. Just like EHS, not sure about DMC, it uses a plug and play programmer with adjustable fuel settings. It's easy to use. I like the quality of the Swamp Series, too.

·
Registered
258 Posts
the barkers isnt reliable buddy of mine barkers welds broke one the back ok teh can there a bitch to repack i replaced my packing in 20 mins i love my curtis setup thats y i have decided to keep it i just wnat rid of the ehs programmer so i can get a PCV

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
oh boy here we go again...
so wich is better EHS SETUP OR DMC OR HMF ?
My 1st response was because we've had several debates on exhaust since I've been a member. As for which exhaust is better your always going to have some say this one and some say that one. what I can say is try and get something you will be happy with the 1st time around. Cause if your like me you will only want to change your system once. Looking back on my post, I researched it for a little over 2 weeks extensively and I still love my setup, I went with the HMF performance series all black and got a black vector end cap. The Performance Series has a specially designed, unrestricted core allowing the system to increase power evenly throughout the RPM range. It features the deep HMF tone with industry-leading end cap and color options, giving you a completely custom look and sound.

Now if you wanted something more versatile, The Competition Series was designed and tested for Sport ATVs and Dirtbikes. The Trimax Core features 3 levels of power and sound. Included with every exhaust are 3 inserts that effect the sound and power differently, giving you complete control and allowing you to dictate the type of power and sound you need, when you need it.

Not saying my setup is better than any other, just I like it and it looks and sounds sweet, and the price was right! $390.00 on the make offer deal from this seller on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HMF-Black-F...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a19bb2941&vxp=mtr

And buy 2 uni's instead of 1 K&N....

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Now that others have bashed the Barker exhaust, I have to say that I love mine. Fitment was fine and it does meet sound restrictions with the QC in... I got tested by Forest Service and it tested out at 94db. I can switch the QC out in about 5-10 minutes and this includes adjusting the EHS programmer.

I have to agree about staying away from K & N, it may have a little better flow, but the filtration sucks.

roadkill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
really i cant choose between EHS setup and HMF Full System and EFI , But i will get a uni filter instead of K&N but i dont care much for sound i wanna get good Horse power. so >

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
really i cant choose between EHS setup and HMF Full System and EFI , But i will get a uni filter instead of K&N but i dont care much for sound i wanna get good Horse power. so >

Stock Exhaust: 39 HP
HMF Full System: AirBox Lid Off: HMF Optimizer: 44.5 (+5.5 HP)

·
Registered
335 Posts
The top three performing pipes in the Raptor world are DMC, Barkers and Curtis Sparks. There have been full on dyno result comparisons of all major pipes on the same build. These were the best on the Raptor and I would assume the manufactures use the exact same technology on all atv's. Probably safe to say they would have the best flows for the XX.

One of the things that bothers me is when people are seeking the loudest meanest pipe available. Loud doesn't necessarily mean power. It always means ANNOYING! If all you're seeking is loud then you have an issue that needs more help than a loud pipe will cure. Pissing off neighbors or federal land activists hurts us all in the long run.

With that said I feel Barkers is a good choice due to them being able to produce high flow and be under 96db. If not trying to squeaze out every pony then there may be some others who also can meet reasonable noise levels as well. The power bomb header claims it can reduce by 1.5db in the header alone. FMF claims a 94db full system. I am strongly considering something like this. I have to be under 96, but would choose that anyway.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts