Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKay I have a 08 700xx.. it has the power bomb header fmf pipe .. after market air filter and I have the fmf programmer but It got wet so gotta check with warranty.. I was wondering what would be the best bang for my buck.. I mean I don'twanna dump a grand right now .. so let's start with kinda cheap.. I'm new to the forums thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
A cam would be great with what you have and be the biggest bang for the buck

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
EHS may be able to help you with the programmer if FMF doesn't warranty

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Welcome to the Club :tup: If your not looking to spend a lot of money a Hot Cam would be a good option.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I plan on a big bore this winter.. how hard to put in a cam?
you should do a lot of other things before you do a BB IMO. Its easy, the Hot Cams is just a drop in and like Smooth said you can call EHS and he can set up a progammer for your mods.

Where are you from?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I plan on a big bore this winter.. how hard to put in a cam?
A cam install is fairly easy, Nothing to complicated. If you or a buddy have done any motor work before you shouldn't have any trouble.
As 08700XX mentioned there are a few other upgrades that would help maximize your BB build. (Ported TB, Ported Head, Cam and a Fuel programmer) If you pay EHS to fix your dobek you could use it, If not you'll need a PowerCommander.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've done tons of top ends and put a crank in a 08 big bear.. so I'm sure I could do it. JUSt wondering how hard. Which cam would ya'll suggest? . And about this ported tb.. what's that cost? And can my local machine shop do it? Or what would ya'll suggest..

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I've done tons of top ends and put a crank in a 08 big bear.. so I'm sure I could do it. JUSt wondering how hard. Which cam would ya'll suggest? . And about this ported tb.. what's that cost? And can my local machine shop do it? Or what would ya'll suggest..
I would call Daniel at HDD 951-743-6328 (DL700 on here) he can get you a +3 TB he may even have one in stock. Heres a link
http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6637

I would go with the Hot Cam 3 if you are trying to save money. If you are planning on going all out on your motor in the future you should buy parts now that will still work then so you may want to look at the Web Cams, they cost more and are not drop in cams but will give you a better gain when/if you do head work/BB in the future.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would tell gains now with the tb? Or do I need to wait and do cam and that at same time?.. or wait til I can do the head also?..

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I would tell gains now with the tb? Or do I need to wait and do cam and that at same time?.. or wait til I can do the head also?..
You would see a little gain in power with the TB now. Most people don’t have the money to do it all at one time so getting one thing at a time works, but remember every time you add some thing to your build you will have to mess with the tune. Just make sure you are always working towards your final goal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
YEs sir. THAnk you. after work I'm gonna get on a computer and read on here about a lot of stuff and go from there. Will keep everyone updated

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Nevermind, It's sold

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
i have the hot cam stage 3, full barker pipe, ehs programmer, uni filter. It's runs pretty good with this setup. Probably be better with a litle more compression. Not bad though for a $135 cam. Dyno sheets suggest around a 5hp gain. The hardest part of putting in the hot cam is you gotta press on the stock decomp. Also no core charges with the hot cam's.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
YEs sir. THAnk you. after work I'm gonna get on a computer and read on here about a lot of stuff and go from there. Will keep everyone updated
Keep us updated, we all get excited when people start going into the motor :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I love my Sparks big bore...but whats a PCV :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
If you are going start modding do it right the first time. Get you a PCV and Full exhaust (i prefer the Sparks & comes with PCV map) and Uni or K&N. That will make for a good base for any furture mods you might do. Just my .02$
Did you read his first post?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts