Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rather than Hijack someone elses thread , I would like a few simple questions.

Does anybody have a LTR450 in there garage being rebuilt ?
I would like a few measurements of a few parts. It would be easier to do if it was in pieces.

If pushing the rear a-arms backwards puts weight on the front end , How much weight is transfered ?
Also would -1 backwards front a-arms have the same effect ?

There will be more as time goes on and I am sorry for having a curious mind .:D

·
Registered
354 Posts
Rather than Hijack someone elses thread , I would like a few simple questions.

Does anybody have a LTR450 in there garage being rebuilt ?
I would like a few measurements of a few parts. It would be easier to do if it was in pieces.

If pushing the rear a-arms backwards puts weight on the front end , How much weight is transfered ?
Also would -1 backwards front a-arms have the same effect ?

There will be more as time goes on and I am sorry for having a curious mind .:D

1. sorry, but no...

2. I will talk to my neighbor, he designs and builds chassis for penske racing, so i'm sure he knows the formulas for weight distribution...

I see what you're saying and that does make sense, i'm not sure it would be the same weight transfer, but if you have more weight in front of the tires there would have to be more weight on the front of the machine, its just a little physics and a little common sense really, who knows, that may cure the whole push thing too...does anyone make any that do that ? they have frontwards extended ones and are working on rear extended ones right ? why not front ones that move the front back to get the weight on the front tires, unweight the rear for better sliding, that may actually be pretty cool, may be a nightmare too, but good thinkin...

3. dont worry about it, questions are cool, how would any of us learn or get anything without asking ?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Edited thread title to help people understand what this thread is about.

:tup:
Sorry for that and Thank you again.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Suzuki bits are a maybe, but the 2009 trx420 fa and 680 bits are looking closer.
Hell it's hard work looking at Honda microfiches .
Going to DirtBike show in November with tape measure . :coffee:

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does the stock ecm control the ignition curve or just the fuel settings or both.
This one question , I would like to be answered please.:thanks:

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Both.......it's the same as the XX.
Thanks Ozlinc , You also answered my next question.

Also Thanks Nikki, logical thinkin is not a strong point of mine.

Next Question or favour , It will be last for abit as found almost what I need.

Has anybody got there ignition cover off the 700xx , If so please could I have some pics of flywheel and stator in the cover.
Thanks again.:D

·
Registered
445 Posts
Thanks Ozlinc , You also answered my next question.

Also Thanks Nikki, logical thinkin is not a strong point of mine.

Next Question or favour , It will be last for abit as found almost what I need.

Has anybody got there ignition cover off the 700xx , If so please could I have some pics of flywheel and stator in the cover.
Thanks again.:D

Your a freak show Bax; luv ya work, glad I could help. I dont know what your up too but I thought you may be interested in this........http://trigger-wheels.com/store/contents/en-uk/d31.html

"megasquirt" is a generic ecu that comes with the software and has been used on many race vehicles inc quads.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers Ace , I am glad you can't figure out what I am upto . Some of the diehards may not agree .
Should be good hopefully , fingers crossed.:D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Frame arrived today. Theres about 3 lbs to come off the frame and pretty much found most of the parts needed. Theres a little more research to be done before I start.
Bicycle part Wood Automotive exterior Bicycle fork Twig

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

When i get a little further on the build , I'll post pics and start a new thread.:D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If anybody owns a 400ex and willing to help, I wanted to know the upper frame rail width ,just forward of the cylinder head.
I believe the 400ex is wider than the 450r.
Thanks in advance. :D

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Baxt,
I just txt my cousin to measure for you. He has one tore down in his garage right now, so he will measure it later hopefully. How much forward of the cylinder head?
Chuck

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers Ace , any where around the head will be fine. Just trying to find out the differance between the 400ex and 700xx top frame rails.
Sorry for the delay but still at work for another 3 hours-ish.:D
Will be in the garage later though. :coffee:

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Bax, sorry buddy. I was misimformed. He had a 450R in there. Damn little cousin lying to me. I have 12 hours at work so I will try to do some research and let you know. Sorry again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts